Chat room

hollykim
on 2/19/18 5:00 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 20, 2018 at 12:26 AM Pacific Time, LMyers1020 wrote:

It never went back up. I have been on and still participate on this forum. I might not post as much because I have no questions since I have had no questions or problems and so far been successful at keeping my weight off. I was just thinking of some of the others that I have heard nothing from.

did you not think that since you have been successful with your surgery that you could help other ppl through their journeys? The way you were helped when you were mew?

it takes all of us.

LMyers1020
on 2/19/18 5:47 pm - Alexander City, AL

As a matter of fact I respond if I had anything more to add. Most of the time others have given the advice that I would have given.

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 2/22/18 8:34 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

thats holly for ya! couldnt help but laugh when i saw her response...

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

ChristineB
on 2/19/18 9:24 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On February 20, 2018 at 12:04 AM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:
On February 19, 2018 at 11:50 PM Pacific Time, LMyers1020 wrote:

What happened to our chat room? I'm an old timer RNY and back in 2009 the chat room was going really strong. Miss hearing from everyone. We were a support for each other. Any thought of if ever coming back? Also does anyone know anything about Dr. Bryan Freeman from Anniston, Al? He did my surgery and I had heard he had some health issues...just checking..I've done really well since my surgery. Going on 9 years this August. Not regretted it at all, so thankful I did it.

if you got so much support from the chat room why didn't you stick around?

If you do not have anything nice to say then do not say anything at all. Talk about snarky . . . Your type of comment is what chases away new members.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

hollykim
on 2/20/18 6:03 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 20, 2018 at 5:24 AM Pacific Time, ChristineB wrote:

What happened to our chat room? I'm an old timer RNY and back in 2009 the chat room was going really strong. Miss hearing from everyone. We were a support for each other. Any thought of if ever coming back? Also does anyone know anything about Dr. Bryan Freeman from Anniston, Al? He did my surgery and I had heard he had some health issues...just checking..I've done really well since my surgery. Going on 9 years this August. Not regretted it at all, so thankful I did it.

If you do not have anything nice to say then do not say anything at all. Talk about snarky . . . Your type of comment is what chases away new members.

you don't tell me what to post , Christine. You have been around long enough to know that.

ChristineB
on 2/20/18 9:16 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On February 20, 2018 at 2:03 PM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:

you don't tell me what to post , Christine. You have been around long enough to know that.

My point proven. Your picture is in the dictionary next to the word - SNARK.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

hollykim
on 2/20/18 9:35 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 20, 2018 at 5:16 PM Pacific Time, ChristineB wrote:
On February 20, 2018 at 2:03 PM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:

My point proven. Your picture is in the dictionary next to the word - SNARK.

you proved nothing except you know I am not in violation of TOS.

Gwen M.
on 2/19/18 4:13 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Hey! It's weird to think the OH used to have a chat room! I didn't join until 2013 and there has never been one in that time. I assume it vanished due to arrival of things like Facebook and other social media. Forums are a dying breed too!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

LMyers1020
on 2/19/18 4:19 pm - Alexander City, AL

I suppose it could have. I enjoyed talking with the group not only about weight loss surgeries but just great conversation. Some I still talk with and have even meet them in person and found that one was from my home town and even knew my brother and that was really cool. It was a great place for immediate support when you were just having a rough day. There was always someone there.

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/18 4:40 pm

I agree that the chat room was a huge and important support forum especially for recent bariatric surgery recipients suffering excess food withdrawals.

I don't know why the chat room hasn't been reinstated for years now ... hundreds of us literally practically begged for the chat rooms restoration. It didn't matter ... perhaps the administrators are blind to the fact that free traffic means more views and more revenue from the bariatric practices they sponsor,