Self Imposed Exile

Melody P.
on 2/24/18 6:12 pm - Amarillo, TX

I love my doctor and his staff. They have really gone to the plate for me. Mind you they first declined my first attempt at getting a flu shot in the fall.

I don't think a lot of patients realize what the behind the scenes battles with insurance companies.

Mel

dannypaul
on 2/25/18 4:53 am
RNY on 08/31/17
On February 25, 2018 at 2:12 AM Pacific Time, Melsbells wrote:

I love my doctor and his staff. They have really gone to the plate for me. Mind you they first declined my first attempt at getting a flu shot in the fall.

I don't think a lot of patients realize what the behind the scenes battles with insurance companies.

What kind of insurance do you have? I've never heard of an insurance company denying anyone a flu shot. They encourage it. If you can call your state insurance board and see if the insurance company is not complying with state regulations.

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/18 8:22 am

Just keep putting in your mind you will have it done.

Just takes time. Which sucks.

Melody P.
on 2/24/18 6:13 pm - Amarillo, TX

I won't give up! Thanks!

Mel

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/18 11:46 am

You have to understand that getting lifesaving bariatric surgery approval is a full time job. You cant afford to delay the appointments, get depressed and delay or otherwise act out.

The stingy insurance companies are COUNTING on you to drop out.. so DONT.

Bug your surgeons " paperwork" team every day.. twice a day if you have to.

(((()))) you're gonna win this

Melody P.
on 2/24/18 6:16 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thank you!

I actually have another date tentatively for March 14th. I have good faith it will be approved.

I did figure out why my a1c went up! I had started a new medication that can cause higher BS's. While I think I ate badly too the numbers were higher after I went to the full dose of the new med. After four days i'm already having much better numbers.

I am in for the fight of my life and I won't back down now!

Mel