Reserving bigger clothes?

Notaboutperfect
on 2/15/18 6:21 am
VSG on 11/08/16

With the right presentation, I suppose it could be done. My friend was not the most gentle person, and I was pretty depressed at the time. It didn't help that she called them her "fat' clothes. ugh

Au_Contraire
on 2/14/18 9:12 pm

I have a huge wardrobe ranging from old school size 6 (today's 2?) through 12s, a few 14s, and a smattering of 16s, which I am just now beginning to fit back into. I am so glad to have this ready-made wardrobe - it will be a blast to go shopping in my closet as time goes on. I was never bigger than an XL on top (I am busty but narrow through the ribs and shoulders), and in skirts a 2 sometimes a 3X - I bought so little at my highest range that I honestly don't know what my numerical size was. I just couldn't stand the frustration of trying to find half decent clothes at that weight, so I wore my paltry wardrobe to death instead. Just last week I stopped wearing the few skirts i have alternated since I was pre-op. They were quite literally sliding off of me to the point that they couldn't be worn any longer without my underwear showing if I bent over, even if I folded and tucked in a few inches of waistband. It blows my mind that I wore those skirts (more or less, though lately not very well) all throughout my (so far) 125 pound loss! I work out of my house and for myself, so a professional wardrobe has not been necessary. I have shelves of beautiful silk and cashmere sweaters in size S, and tons of classic skirts and some dresses in tiny sizes. The dresses may be a little dated - I'll have to see them on to decide - but the skirts and tops are timeless. I never much liked myself in slacks but the rest i have covered! Plus today is Ash Wednesday and I decided to give up spending on things I don't need for Lent. I have wasted a lot of $$ pleasing myself with meaningless stuff, and I'm tired of all the acquisitions. I'm glad I already have a closet full to try on!

reree6898
on 2/15/18 10:07 am - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

Forgive me if I echo what others may have said already, I haven't had a chance to read the entire thread. For me I have had to get over what the number on the tag says and I keep clothes as long as I like them and like how I feel about myself in them. The moment I don't feel good about myself wearing something I pass it on. I wear a range of things between size 8 & 12s.

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/18 8:39 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I just did a closet purge. I was holding onto a lot saying "what if I get this way again?" I have been saying that since I first went a size down, then another size down. Now, I'm never going back. All those clothes were packed away and I donated them to hopefully someone who can really use them who struggled to afford clothes in those big sizes just like I did.

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/18 10:55 am

I have a huge decision to make - whether to move and keep a huge amount of very high quality designer coats handbags business and party clothes and shoes ( sand furniture ) or leave it all behind in an old apartment.

Frankly, I find I don't need nearly as much as i did to feel attractive at a larger size.

However business clothes are needed for business .. and throwing out $2,000 Brooks Brothers cashmere and camel hair coats is just plain STUPID. Wearing a larger size as an attractive woman is a better choice for business anyway- it indicates you're all about the job and the money , not trying to attract anyone.

Having a limited wardrobe is depressing. Probably the best thing about being a woman is the ability to dress creatively and beautifully.