Just received my referral to a bariatric surgeon

shanreneex
on 2/12/18 1:56 pm

So today was the day I finally brought up the topic to my doctor about bariatric surgery. She gave me the referral and I called and set up the first info-session. I was just wondering if anyone who's had a procedure done can tell me their story and which surgery they had. The ups and downs, the facts and how they feel now and how they felt pre and post surgery. Thank you in advance!

peachpie
on 2/12/18 4:28 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

That's a broad question. Use the search bar- maybe try searching 'surgiversary' and read those posts. They usually are narratives of the first year, two or three etc.

i has RNY almost 3 Years ago. Zero complications, I'm where I want to be and working every single day to stay on top of this.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Peggy B.
on 2/12/18 6:10 pm - Westlake, LA

My BIGGEST recommendation is to research your doctor. Make sure they have years of experience and have completed many of these surgeries. I was too impatient and went with a new doctor. I had complications. I do not regret having the surgery, I just always caution others to select your doctor wisely and take your time.

Peggy B.

/ 245.5 / 160 / Goal 150
www.peggyborel.com

Valerie G.
on 2/13/18 7:00 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

This is a happy melting pot page of Obesity Help, but if you look to the upper-left of the page, click on the Forums menu option. There are pages dedicated to each surgery type, different groups (black, LGBT, sex talk, revisions, failures, grads, lightweights, etc). Read on and you'll find plenty of stories and read each of the procedure boards. You want to see what they're asking, complaining about, struggling with. Don't be afraid to post a question, as well.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

theAntiChick
on 2/13/18 7:13 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

There's a link in my sig to my blog, and the related posts are tagged bariatric or weight loss. I've covered a number of struggles and wins I've had through this process.

I had VSG August 2016. I'm down about 110-115# and am 10-20# away from goal. I have a number of health issues. Some of them, the weight loss has helped tremendously. The ones that weren't directly affected by the weight loss, I have found that I deal with them better because I feel overall healthier. A run of bad health this winter caused me to focus on just maintaining due to lack of energy and focus on weight loss. This spring when I traditionally start feeling better, I'll do another push for goal.

This is hands-down the best thing I've ever done for my health. My only regret is that I didn't do it years before, when my sister was trying to convince me I needed to. (I'm stubborn that way.)

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet