Explaining WLS decision

Lisa F.
on 2/12/18 6:54 pm
VSG on 06/06/16

Thank you... is very helpful!

I haven't shared my surgery with anyone but my close friends and family, so this is a new experience for me.

VSG DATE 6/6/16 | SW 280 | CW 198 | GW 175 | HEIGHT 5'8 | AGE 55

ORIGINAL GOAL WEIGHT OF 175 MET: 12/6/17 (18 MONTHS POST OP)

NEW GOAL: LOSE 20 LB RE-GAIN

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/18 6:29 am

I agree what everyone here said...

you are not dating that long it sounds, you put it out there, it is done. If it were me I would just totally drop the subject 100% and not bring it back up unless he does. Concentrate on having fun. Your surgery does not define who you are. Small part of who you are.

Lisa F.
on 2/13/18 7:03 am
VSG on 06/06/16

Good advice. I'll still look for the resource, and thanks to those who offered up some information on my original request, but will keep it my back pocket.

Thank you to all!

Lisa

VSG DATE 6/6/16 | SW 280 | CW 198 | GW 175 | HEIGHT 5'8 | AGE 55

ORIGINAL GOAL WEIGHT OF 175 MET: 12/6/17 (18 MONTHS POST OP)

NEW GOAL: LOSE 20 LB RE-GAIN

theAntiChick
on 2/13/18 7:07 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I find myself echoing the other posters who are advising to just drop the subject unless he brings it up. Then you can have your material prepared to hand him. And THEN drop it again until he brings it up.

My wonderful hubby would say that most guys are pretty simple, and it's us women that tend to overthink everything. Hubby doesn't understand what I've been through as an overweight/obese person my whole life... he was skeletal as a teen and young adult in the Navy and only in the last few years has put on a little bit of a paunch. All he wanted to know is if it would help me be healthier, and the docs said yes so that was that. He doesn't feel like he has to know anything about the surgery beyond what he needs to do to support me.

My surgery was a couple of months after yours, so we're at roughly the same place. All hubby needs/wants to know at this point is how much of what to serve me when he's plating up dinner, or if we need to order something to split at a restaurant. It's not part of our daily conversation. I'm healthier and more active, and that makes him happy.

And I will also point out that I have often been concerned because hubby seems to be upset about something, only to find out that he quit thinking about the thing I was worried he was upset about, usually about 10 seconds after the last thing was said on the subject. His mind had already moved on to the gutters that he wants to work on, or the latest challenge in his online game. LOL.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/18 7:18 am

Sooooo true how we as woman can over analyze and still thinking about something that is out the window to many men! In general we worry too much! Great post.

Gwen M.
on 2/13/18 7:09 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I think this Vox article is a great one.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/18 7:27 am

I enjoyed reading, good article.

White Dove
on 2/13/18 2:49 pm - Warren, OH

He probably really doesn't care about it and is being polite and listening. I told my boyfriend eight years ago. He only half listened and a few times he has mentioned my lapband. I don't correct him because I really don't care. I am not the person I was before surgery and I enjoy who I am today.

I would save the Weight Loss Surgery boo****il long after the wedding if he really wants more information.

I am betting he does not.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends