Easter

ks76
on 2/12/18 5:44 am
RNY on 11/29/17

Your whole thought process may change too, once you have the surgery.

I had my surgery 11/29. So my pre-op prep was during my 20 year anniversary, my birthday and Thanksgiving. And I was on pureed through Christmas. It didn't phase me one bit. So maybe you'll be okay also! GOOD LUCK!!

I was always that breakfast eater also, and couldn't ever imagine drinking my breakfast but I have a premier protein drink almost every day of the week for breakfast. I just don't feel like eating food that early in the morning.

Highest Weight: 315, Day Of Surgery: 291.5 CW 184

Nknerr
on 2/12/18 7:21 am
VBG on 12/07/17

You can still enjoy the time with family without the emphasis on food. If you are still eating soft foods, you can have scrambled or poached eggs. One of the first solid meats I could eat was ham (go figure!). I found at Christmas what worked was talking at the table rather than worrying about eating. I had measured my portions and just "picked" at the food while talking to the family and I didn't notice that I didn't overeat! Had a wonderful time that night and really enjoyed it!

Here's a tip my nephew gave me on Thanksgiving (when I was on the pre-op liquid diet), but I HOSTED Thanksgiving. At one point, I was very hungry and my nephew suggested that I go into the living room with my tea and talk rather than sitting around a table where I really wanted to eat. So, remove yourself from the temptation, if there is one!

I know that for my birthday this year, I asked my husband to take me away for the day. I would love to visit the zoo, or the local botanical garden (birthday in August). Will we eat on the way there and back, yes, but it won't be a big birthday dinner, but rather what I know I can eat.

Natalie

2/2017: 340 VSG: 12/7/2017 - 272 1/29/18: 253