How much extra weight does indulging in full fat dairy keep you from losing post op ( and years...

MarinaGirl
on 1/27/18 1:52 pm

So if OP is already underweight than what was the purpose of this post? I'm confused.

Grim_Traveller
on 1/27/18 3:33 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

If you want confused, try following her posting history.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/27/18 7:26 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Check out her past posts. She's got a LONG history of humblebraggy "I'm so tiny and sexy and amazing" comments like this.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/28/18 6:49 am
RNY on 12/31/13

That's because it's like solving a rubric's cube that's all one color...

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Au_Contraire
on 1/27/18 2:57 pm

I am still losing and am not yet near goal, but I find that full fat cheeses and yogurts are noticeably more satiating than low or nonfat versions. Either way I weigh, record, and calculate everything and stay within my boundaries. I drink a ton of tea, and like it creamy, but for that I have switched to using unsweetened cashew milk, because it keeps me under 600 total daily calories even though I drink tea all day long. If I was using milk or cream I couldn't have as many cups day, and I like the latitude to have however many i want.

Amy R.
on 1/27/18 6:22 pm
On January 27, 2018 at 1:03 PM Pacific Time, quutgrrl wrote:

I have heard such varied views about full fat dairy ! I personally stick to nonfat whenever possible but also understand that I get a huge percentage of my daily calories from fat free powdered milk nonfat cheeses and yogurt and even fat free half and half .

i have tried to stop dairy to lose that last ten lbs... felt very calcium-deprived.

Your experience?

I haven't read all of the responses so I apologize if I am duplicating. Just wanted to pipe in as someone else who doesn't do much dairy. There are vegetables, I think they are mostly the leafy green veggies, that help with getting more calcium in.

Not sure if you've tried any of those but it might be worth a shot. Very few calories for a huge blast of nutrients.

Amy R.
on 1/27/18 6:28 pm

oops and also - about the full fat vs low/no-fat. For me, full fat in smaller portions helps more with satiety that large portions of non fat. I feel more satisfied with a small amount of full fats than I do with a large volume of non-fat calories.

There are people much more knowledgeable about this right here on OH and hopefully they will chime in if they haven't already.

crqvingchange
on 1/27/18 6:55 pm

One of the problems I've seen with very low fat intake is that your skin and hair suffer terribly. Wrinkles appear and the skin has a lackluster quality. The hair looks frazzled and has no sheen. I've seen people go on ultra low fat diets and their appearance has aged 1-2 decades. Good MCT's are important for so many body functions. And half of our vitamins are fat soluble.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/28/18 6:51 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I completely agree. You can immediately spot them but the straw-like hair and sallow dry skin.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

The Salty Hag
on 1/28/18 9:16 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Agree 100%; another positive for full fat! It keeps my coat nice and shiny!

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty