2 month post op appt

Shannon S.
on 1/9/18 8:30 am
VSG on 11/07/17

Had my 2 month post op appt today. Surgical team is very pleased with my loss so far. They say they expect 10-20lbs between appts in the beginning. I've lost 16 since my last appt!!! They were okay with my infrequent Melba toast, and my glass of champagne on New Years. They said they hadn't met a perfect patient yet, but to be careful not to let old habits creep in. Very happy with their feedback today. Confirmed for me that I'm doing a pretty good job!

Gina 22 years out
on 1/9/18 10:38 am - Burleson, TX

The champagne I totally understand!! But...why are you eating melba toast? NOT NOT NOT flaming you! Just sending a little caution your way, from a 15+ post op, who made PLENTY of mistakes along the way - wacky carbs (ie melba toast, popcorn, etc), included...and paid the price, for YEARS.

In the beginning you can eat melba toast, Snickers or rocks, and you are STILL going to lose the weight. It won't always be that way. Your body will adjust.

I didn't get this old...and be staying under goal, for this long... without knowing stuff :)

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Shannon S.
on 1/9/18 1:50 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Hi Gina,

I have maybe 3-4 with a little cream cheese and salmon. I've had it maybe 3-4 times so far. Something about the crunch. I'm aloud to have 30 gram of carbs per day. Weekends I struggle with that goal and hit around 45. I definitely get the concern, which is why I discussed it today. I'm not laying around with chips and dip or scarfing down boxes. Just a very controlled portion with my protein snack. Thanks for your concern. I certainly appreciate feedback, especially from someone having been so successful for such a long period of time!

Lalagigi
on 1/10/18 4:42 am
VSG on 10/23/17

Gina,

I also crave the crunch of crackers, but realize there aren't any that are low carb. Try parmesan crisps. I make my own, or you can find them in the gourmet cheese area of large groceries. Great with smoked salmon or tuna salad. Zero carbs!

Shannon S.
on 1/10/18 7:02 am
VSG on 11/07/17

Wow, that's awesome. I will have to look for those. Thanks!