WLS Friendly Restaurants - Let's make a list!

Kathy S.
on 1/10/18 1:13 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Janet,

Thanks for the post

The one place I do not do EVER since weight loss surgery is fast food. For me it brings back memories of me going out for lunch and order a ton of food and sitting in my car in the forest preserves stuffing my face. Sends shivers up my spine

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Lalagigi
on 1/11/18 7:19 am
VSG on 10/23/17

I just made my first trip to Panera, 11 weeks post-op. This was always my go-to spot for carb loading in the past. I was nervous....

I ordered a cup of turkey chili and 1/2 turkey/bacon/avocado sandwich.

I ate the turkey/bacon/avocado and discarded the bread and raw veggies (too early for me).

I had 3 spoonfuls of chili and was full. The chunk of baguette I gave to my husband to go with his meal.

That was tough for me, but nowI know I have options there.

Kathy S.
on 1/11/18 8:07 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You are a brave lady Lalagigi

Bread is a BIG trigger food for me and I didn't let it near me until 18 months after I reached goal. I am not sure if I was a very wise lady or just a big chicken

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/18 3:09 am
VSG on 12/28/16

When traveling this year my go to has been the Starbucks protein pack. It includes 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 pieces of cheese, a few apple slices and a few grapes. Also an oat pita type thing that could substitute as a hockey puck so I just throw it out. Starbucks is everywhere so I tell myself have no reason not to stay on plan. And it's portable.

The sushi place near me has a sashimi appetizer for $12. I order that as my meal.

In general I don't have an issue anywhere. Restaurants are pretty flexible these days. Some kind of protein and a side of veg is usually available.

Kathy S.
on 1/15/18 1:51 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I love their English breakfast tea and have seen those. Good Choice

Cosmos2112
on 1/13/18 2:08 pm

Chick-fil-a grilled chicken nuggets. This is the only fast food I'll have.

RNY 12/22/2016. HW 228. SW 224. CW 122

Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Lake West Medical Center, Willoughby OH

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/18 12:23 pm

I just got home from an 8 day cruise with more ( all the time ) delicious prepared food than I can remember.

I not only didn't gain weight- I lost a bit due to daily Zumba classes ballroom dancing instruction( and nightly competition ) and early morning long walks around the decks. I also felt great rocking my teeny-bikinis and while coral reef snorkeling,

these were the guidelines I followed: I brought two types of fat free salad dressings ( Ranch and Blue Cheese) on board and literally brought one in my purse to dinner or lunch ( wherever I planned to eat a salad ) every day. I also brought natural freeze dried butter solids with me ( Butter Buds) and asked for a tiny amount of ho****er and made fat free dipping butter when I wanted to eat lobster tails steak and even broiled shrimp.

For breakfast I'd choose nonfat yogurt or smoked salmon and fresh fruit or all of the above.

for lunch, grilled seafood or Thai vegetable and protein salads or vegetable dishes whatever looked good with lots of fresh cut melon and the occasional green salad.

sit down dinner choices were soups and appetizers mostly seafood and vegetable based and main courses that weren't pastas or fatty meats .

There were way too many intruiging choices but I found tasting a bit from a buffet or a companions plate and then returning to the buffet or ordering my own portion worked perfectly. I got great food, outstanding service and could still dance an hour after the meal!

diane S.
on 1/15/18 12:02 pm

When traveling I get a McDonald's grilled chicken sandwich. Then I use the bun like potholders to eat the chicken and then ditch the bread. Easy way to get protein. DS

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Kathy S.
on 1/15/18 1:52 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Most Active