From sleeve to band has anyone had this d?one

Janet P.
on 1/6/18 7:28 am

It's actually not that hard to stretch. I don't eat "slider" food. I eat real food. That was one of the reasons why I chose the DS and not the sleeve alone. I make good choices and that, in combination with the DS, allows me to maintain my weight loss. I consider that I eat like a "normal" person but I know my capacity has increased alot since my surgery almost 15 years ago.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Valerie G.
on 1/8/18 6:27 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

The sleeve does stretch, but nowhere near a normal stomach size. I went from 2oz to about 8-10oz in sleeve capacity in 12 years. Considering the stomach starts the size of a football, this is nothing. I still maintain 86% of my weight loss without effort. I just don't need any supplements to achieve 100g of protein every day.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Beam me up Scottie
on 1/4/18 11:13 pm
I'm not certain why you would want yes band. At this point I think it is safe to say it's almost 100 percent sure that the band will eventually fail or cause horrific complications.

Get a DS OR RNY you can have either done from a VSG
(deactivated member)
on 1/5/18 2:33 am, edited 1/4/18 6:38 pm
VSG on 12/28/16

Most top doctors won't do lap band anymore. You shouldn't need to band your little stomach at any rate. Try going back to basics and eating dense proteins so you feel satiated. If you share what you're eating, we can help troubleshoot.

NatureLover888
on 1/8/18 9:35 pm
RNY on 12/29/17

I, too, have never heard of a band over a sleeve and I would be highly suspect. How much have you regained? If you are having a really hard time with your diet, try cutting out ALL grains and sugar. Those tend to be 'addictive' foods for many. And ask your doctor if you would be a good candidate for Phentermine. It's a short term (shouldn't use for more than a certain period of time) appetite suppressant. Also, try the 5 day pouch reset. Good luck!

Most Active