on 12/11/17 6:42 am

So sorry. :(

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

ChristineB
on 12/11/17 4:25 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On December 10, 2017 at 9:25 PM Pacific Time, Mahonia R. wrote:

I am never eating anything again. Ever. I'm scared of food now.

Let me tell you all a very important message. In '91 I almost died due to pancreatitis due to letting my gall bladder attacks go unchecked for 1 1/2 years; I thought my problems were from grief as I had lost my mother in Jan '90. My pancreas liquified and I only have about 1/4 of what I was born with. Due to ignoring the warning signs I ended up in the hospital after open gall bladder removal for 117 days (6 weeks in ICU with me hardly knowing where I was at) and it near destroyed my health and finances. Remember in '91 there wasn't much of any info via the internet for me to research what was going on with me (now I am a health research junkie).

Gall bladder attacks start in the center front middle area right under the breast bone. The pain will "travel" to the right (it always goes to the right on the body) and around to the center back and the pain with remain there for up to 3-4 hours. Each and every time I had an attack it was from too much fat. Even if it was just from a rare steak or chicken. It was always the fat. Never did I experience any problems with any other foods.

Hot showers or massage to the center back would help but not for long. It would eventually stop due to the bile not being forced through the ducs.

Do not delay having these symptoms looked at. I was told by my surgeons back in '91 that I could have died if I did not come in and have my problems looked at.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

sweetpotato1959
on 12/13/17 9:10 pm

YES! Exactly what she said.! you need to see a Medical professional ASAP... so tests can be done to prove or disprove and get you scheduled...if it is bad.

A bad gall bladder can Kill you. My Dads set up gangrene and had rotted. they touched it and it fell in on its self. He was very blessed to survive the surgery.

RNYloser
on 12/11/17 6:44 pm
VSG on 12/06/17

Is there anything one could do as a new post op to preserve your gb as long as possible?

sweetpotato1959
on 12/13/17 9:05 pm

Mine was removed during my initial surgery. But from what I know now,

I would do a liver cleanse so that it can help with removing the large amounts of fats it has to filter. I currently use milk thistle.That should help relieve some of the stress on the gall baladder and liver. ...as they struggle to process the fats you take and those that are being excreted..

Denise
Most Active