Just had a 2 hour Gallbladder attack

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/17 1:25 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

I am never eating anything again. Ever. I'm scared of food now.

peachpie
on 12/10/17 3:58 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Don't fear it, have a healthy respect for food effect on your gallbladder. :-)

Is yours planned to come out?

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/17 5:01 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

Seriously - if you read my posts lately it sounds like I'm just plain scared of everything! I've been stressed lately.

I haven't discussed the pain with any medical professionals yet and I really don't want another surgery. We'll see if this continues to the point where I have to consider that. Now that I had a big attack I realize that I've been having small gallbladder attacks all week.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/10/17 5:40 pm

I don't think the GB cares that you don't want any more surgery. It has to come out. Period.

As for food - when my GB was pissy, slider low fat and low fiber food was things I could tolerate. Nothing raw - nothing that make liver - GB work hard. Plus, beside GB you also may have hernia. When they go in- they can fix both.

Ina meantime- clear liquids, protein shakes, some chicken stock, etc.

Good luck.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/17 5:47 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

It did cross my mind how nice it would be if I had a hernia that could be fixed and my GERD problems disappeared. If my GB keeps hurting on my low carb diet there is at least a silver lining to considering more surgery.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/11/17 2:36 am

Unfortunately only docs can properly diagnose you. You may need a ct scan, and probably liver ultrasound or special hida scan (to see how well gb is working)

Fyi- I did not have stones but I had sludge in my GB. Plus Peterson's space hernia. In one surgery they tried to fix both. Tried - because the Peterson's hernia surgery did not take and a year later I needed one more. No, I did not like that at all.

Fyi- when we are MO, and have a lot of internal fat- the fat not only causes tissue streching, but also covers any open spaces like opening in Peterson's space. As we lose the weight and fat - our small intestine can get trapped in that.

Anyone who had WLS can have that abnormality.

-

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Beam me up Scottie
on 12/10/17 6:24 pm
You need to get to a MD right away. Like MONDAY. Sorry you do not want another surgery, but it's better than it causing other issues.
peachpie
on 12/10/17 6:28 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Are you kidding me? Scared was literally your word. It's how YOU described it. If that's how you sound it's because that's what you are communicating.

Simple fix, I just won't read your posts. Good luck.

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/17 7:03 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

Wait, why are you upset? I was agreeing with you that I sound scared often lately...

peachpie
on 12/11/17 1:51 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Sorry, I misinterpreted what you wrote. 'You' seemed literal as if if were referring specifically to me, not generally.

Most Active