Frustrated

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/17 9:00 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

You got this! Just remind yourself that the hard work will be worth it all.

hollykim
on 12/10/17 8:39 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 10, 2017 at 12:12 AM Pacific Time, Carlene1223 wrote:

I am 4 days away from surgery and I've been on all liquid protein shake only pre op diet since 11/30. All I want to do is enjoy a salad or a slice of salmon and I can't and I'm frustrated. I had a really tough work and medical week because I do infusion every day and all I wanted was a small meal just to make myself feel better. I see other people don't have to do the liquid until 3-5 days before. Not sure why my surgeon chose this method. I'm hungry and frustrated. I'm not even drinking my required amount of shakes anymore. My surgeon prefers lean shake from GNC or muscle milk.

you WOLL be hungry leading you to episodes like this if you don't drink your required amount of shakes.

Why do this to yourself? Drink the shakes every day, this part doesn't last forever.

pipermac
on 12/11/17 7:42 am
RNY on 12/05/17

Hi, I am currently 6 days post surgery and was also on a 2 week liquid diet prior. The program I am in had us having 4 optifast drinks a day....in the end the hunger was not a huge problem..it was the variety. But I will say that with some creativity I was able to make some very good tasting shakes that also filled me up.

The key was to try different flavor extracts along with splenda and adding some xanthan gum to thicken them up!

Most Active