Vegans Help - Post VSG

Queen JB
on 4/23/18 3:33 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Wait what? Why is there an assumption that I don't respect you, or want you to succeed? I took the time to respond to you, because I care and want you to be healthy and meet your goals.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

theAntiChick
on 4/18/18 1:35 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Just a note FWIW. I was raised vegetarian (religious) and so I grew up on meat replacements like those made by Loma Linda and Morningstar (and more, I just don't know them all). I did eat meat when I ate out or at my Dad's family (Mom's religion was the driver) and learned that if you don't expect the meat substitutes to taste like meat (they don't) and let yourself see their flavor as its own thing, they're pretty good.

Post-op, I've found that the meat substitutes actually sit better on my sleeve than most meats. I'm not going vegetarian because I love meat, but I am incorporating more vegetarian options in my diet because my sleeve prefers it. (Hubby and kiddo won't touch the stuff, so I'm using them mostly for my lunches...)

I don't know what the availability is in Canada, but I get the products I use through Amazon. If you have any trouble locating foods there, contact your local Seventh Day Adventist church, they'll know where some retail options are for you.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Most Active