What are you thankful for in 2017?

Kathy S.
on 11/21/17 9:50 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I say this every year but I can't believe 2017 is almost over and the holidays are here for us. Let's take a moment and share somethings we are thankful for.

I am thankful I learned my tool still works after 13 years and was able to lose my regain.

I am thankful this year was less tears and sad moments with the loss of my husband.

I am thankful for my health.

I am thankful for my family including my fur babies.

I am thankful for my OH family.

I am thankful for all my wonderful friends that have always been there for me.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/21/17 8:55 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I'm thankful for modern medicine, the field of psychiatry, and the medication that helps me to live a normal life!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

nance1950
on 11/21/17 12:05 pm
RNY on 04/26/17

I second that Julie! I don't even want to think about where I'd be without my psych meds. I love your picture. nancy

Girl_in_green_dress
on 11/21/17 11:56 am - Louisville, KY
VSG on 10/16/17

I am thankful I was able to have surgery this year.

I am thankful for my beautiful children that are my reason for everthing.

I am thankful that i have such a supporting husband. He literally is my reason for being alive (long story). He supports me in anything and everything i do, he is accountability, he is calm, he is grounding. He doesn't even have to try, he doesn't underatand why, and it makes it all the more special.

I am thankful for my stressful job.

I am thankful for my mind, it is strong, educated, smart (which i promise is not the same as educated), open and free.

I am blessed.

Librarian67
on 11/21/17 2:41 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

I am thankful for the great health that having surgery and losing weight has given me. I am off all of my meds for diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and asthma. I have increased my lung capacity and my body is stronger than it has been in 25 years.

I am thankful for the confidence that losing weight has given me.

I am thankful for my family even when they make me crazy.

I am thankful for my stable job that makes so many good things possible.

I am thankful for my OH friends who share their experience, good and bad, and give such great support that makes life easier.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 11/21/17 3:31 pm - Belleville, IL

That after 5 surgeries that I have a husband I've been married to for 33 year (Who loved me both fat and thin) That I have a 30 yr old autistic son who is a gentleman and cares for his Mom. That even though the RNY surgery caused problems including Reactive Hypoglycemia and seizures and can barely eat or keep any nutritious weight (I am anemic and very underweight at 10 years out) and I can no long drive I love people and I have a great family. I am thankful for THIS forum and "Family" too :)

Warmly,

Jackie

Shannon S.
on 11/21/17 5:00 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

I'm thankful for so much this year:

God and spiritually

A loving and supportive husband

Two beautiful children

A mother who is a loving, giving soul, and who is also my best friend

My furry little critters, and my aquarium hobby.

A comfy home and the ability to provide for my family

Last but not least, my new tool which has given me a new lease on life.

God is good

terrylynnishere
on 11/21/17 5:56 pm

I am thankful for God's grace, and forgiveness.

I am thankful for my family , especially my 4 amazing adult sons who are really great human beings, and for the 2 wonderful grandchildren they have given me [so far].

I am thankful for the stillness to wait until the next door opened for me, and willingness to walk through it to courageously.

I am thankful for a healthy future that looks so promising, and fulfilling both in my work life and personal life.

Mostly I am thankful for LOVE. It's all we need.

Vertical sleeve, Sept 15

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/17 7:23 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I am thankful to my grandma, who adopted and raised me when I was younger. She has been my biggest support and an advocate for my health and life. Sometimes she tries to tempt me with bad food, but a grandma's going to grandma. I wouldn't be here without her.

I am thankful for my surgeon, who is an amazing, kind man who is always so excited for me when I go to my appointments. Also, it's a plus that he's pretty darn good looking.

I am thankful for all you guys here on OH!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and if you aren't American, just have a great week in general :D

reree6898
on 11/22/17 6:12 am, edited 11/21/17 10:12 pm - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

These are all so great. 2016 was a really rough year for my children and I and so this year I had to make the choice to try to always look for the good in each day and even when it's a bad day find something to be thankful for. Every night at dinner I make my kids tell me either something good from the day or something they are thankful for. Every day when they leave for school I tell them I love them and then I say look for the good. So this year I have focused so much on finding the good and I am truly thankful for that. It has really made a difference in my own mindset and the atmosphere in our home.

A few of the main things I am thankful for is Gods grace in my life, for my family, and for my health. I hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

Most Active