Would appreciate your opinions, please! Protein!

Agran
on 11/1/17 12:46 pm

Thanks Holly. I will try adding a bit more meat. Small bites. Appreciate it.

Amy R.
on 11/1/17 10:54 am, edited 11/1/17 3:54 am

edited because ARGH - I don't know how I managed to do it. My answer ended up towards the beginning of the thread and I just want to make sure you get the information. (There are a couple of websites that address protein powder hate.)

Good Luck, you're going to do just fine even if you never find a shake that you actually like. But there's a wealth of information out there if you don't mind searching. =)

diane S.
on 11/1/17 12:41 pm

When my weight loss slowed, my surgeon told me to up the protein. I did so for awhile and it worked. Yeah, I hated most of the shakes but just sucked it up. There are ways to make them taste better. Check the website of the world according to egg face for recipes to improve them. Add GY to them to make them less sweet or unsweetened coco powder. Or try ones that are soy or egg white based. Or just eat more GY. GL, you will get there.

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Agran
on 11/1/17 12:47 pm

What is GY, GL please?

diane S.
on 11/1/17 12:51 pm

GY is greek yogurt. Good stuff for us! Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Agran
on 11/1/17 2:09 pm

Thanks. I do like GY so I will add that too. Thanks so much. Everyone has been so helpful. I appreciate it and all of you.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/1/17 2:08 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

You got some pretty good responses from everyone. I know for myself while working my way down I aimed to get in 80oz of water & 80g of protein. I sometimes increased them while working my way down. My Dr wanted me to concentrate on getting the protein & water in, later I aimed for 800 calories.

Experiment with proteins, but get it in. Eventually you'll either find a shake you like or can eat enough protein from food during your day.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Agran
on 11/2/17 7:41 am

Thanks so much for your response. I have started putting plain protein powder in my morning coffee and even though I don't like it, I can drink it.

I will up both water and protein. Thanks for the tips. Onwards and hopefully downwards (wright wise). Thanks again.

NYMom222
on 11/3/17 9:08 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Have you tried Premier protein- the ones that are ready to drink? Some people use the vanilla as creamer for their coffee, or the chocolate can make mocha coffee or be heated like a hot chocolate.

Like DCgirl what saved me when I couldn't stomach protein drinks anymore were the coffee ones. Chike as she mentioned but I also like Fit Frappe Mocha

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active