Psychiatric Evaluation - Study up!

califsleevin
on 11/1/17 8:14 am - CA

"Study up" I think is something of a bad idea, in that what they are trying to get at is that you have a good idea of what you will be going through, which you should know by now without additional studying; "study up" implies simply cramming in random facts that you think they will want to hear. It sounds like the psych just wants to evaluate the work that you should have already done before making the decision to go through with WLS.

But then, I never crammed for finals in college (at least for courses that mattered) as I wanted to know what I hadn't learned that was going to be needed in the next course.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Grim_Traveller
on 11/1/17 11:09 am
RNY on 08/21/12

It sounds like you have a good doc. The better prepared you are, the better off you'll be. Hopefully, you did a lot of this research before you decided to have WLS.

Too many psych evals push people through who aren't remotely ready for post surgery life. They pocket their fee and sign the paper. And they are doing patients a great injustice in doing so.

We've seen a lot of people here who did very poorly after surgery, because the were unprepared. It's great you have someone who is trying to keep that from happening.

Don't freak out. This isn't the final exam before you graduate from medical school. It's a small amount of time, and a relatively small amount of information. You got this.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active