Stress and plateaus?

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/17 4:26 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Is it the final stretch? My surgeon said months 9 and 10 were where you hit your stride in weight loss. Maybe that doesn't happen on average?

Valerie G.
on 11/1/17 5:56 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I was rocking it starting month 4, buying new clothes every month, but as I approached my first anniversary, my loss had gradually slowed considerably. I stopped arouund 14 mos out.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/17 7:44 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Did you stop the natural weight loss from surgery or all weight loss? I know eventually I will need to lose the "hard" way I am prepared for that at least!

Valerie G.
on 11/1/17 9:58 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

For the most part, it stopped on its own, but I helped by adding some carbs a little at a time when I reached my goal. It had already slowed down on its own, though. I remember I was just told I looked like a scarecrow, so that put me in a hurry to stop and not lose anymore.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/1/17 9:21 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Make sure that you're ACTUALLY eating 500 - 600 calories by weighing and measuring. It's common for people to experience "portion creep" as they become accustomed to the WLS way of eating, and take in more calories than they think they need.

You do NOT need to eat more calories as you become more active. You want to keep as much of a calorie deficit as you can.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/17 6:20 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

You're right, it is easy to "guess" at meals sometimes. 500-600 is indeed where I should want to stay then at almost 10 months out? I thought maybe sitting around 800 would be good, but maybe that is too much.

Most Active