When do I get to buy new clothes?

Kathy1212
on 10/30/17 10:12 am

Yup, soon you'll have so many big shirts you won't know what to do with them all, lol. I've never had such an extensive jammie wardrobe before, lol.

I kept a few of my original size 4X tops and they are so big now they're like dresses, lol. I'm keeping them for photos for when I hit goal, but i still have a ways to go.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Writergurl08
on 10/30/17 12:39 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

Lol i think DH is just giving me his favorites that he can't part with, but I don't have nearly that kind of attachment to my own clothes. I told him that I will be getting rid of them sooner or later! Lol my jammie wardrobe is now bigger than the rest of my wardrobe.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

theAntiChick
on 10/30/17 11:40 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Everyone is different. I really thought I'd be OK with the tops I owned for most of the weightloss and would only really need to buy new pants a few times.

LOL.

I was a month out when EVERYTHING in my closet started looking like clown clothes. I was lucky that I had a number of pants I'd kept from each of the last 4 size changes, so pants weren't an issue. But I ended up having to buy some tops to get me through LONG before I thought I would.

I would also drop multiple sizes over the span of a couple of weeks. So there are sizes I didn't end up buying ANY clothes in.

I had a few elastic/drawstring maxi skirts intending to wear them if I ended up in a place where I had no work pants that fit, but it worked out so I was able to keep 2 pair in each size (1 black, 1 grey pretty much keeps me going) I stayed in for any length of time. Luckily my office is business casual, so I didn't look too out of place.

Resale/thrift/goodwill are absolute needs staying clothed during this process. It was one of the more challenging parts of the process for me. And I'm still mourning some of my favorite clothes! :)

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

CarlRay
on 10/30/17 12:07 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Soon the question will be "When can I STOP buying new-to-me clothes?" :)

I'm on the 3rd round of replacing pants. The only thing I kept from pre-op was a belt with all of the belt loops from the original length intact. The other 4 belts I own have all had 12" or so removed from them.....so far.

The jacket I bought in June, anticipating using all winter, is now about 6" too big and it's not winter yet. It was a thrift store find, so if I can wear a sweater under it and make it work that'll be good until the really cold weather sets in. I've found two more coats that will suffice for that, and they're even a little big at the end of October.

Clothes shopping is something I still have no idea how to do, because I can't see anything but the big guy I was before when I look in the mirror, and when I look at the sizing tags. Dressing rooms often result in explosive laughter at my lack of vision. Takes me forever to find anything. Oh well, if you can't laugh at yourself a little.....hahah

Kathy S.
on 10/30/17 1:22 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

This is a personal choice but me personally I stuck with those stretch pants and cheap tops so I would not have to spend much money. I was saving for when I hit goal and buying that new wardrobe

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

on 11/2/17 4:17 pm

When Llamas cry.

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/20 7:33 am, edited 12/30/20 3:47 pm

I hope you managed it. In general, I'm also very busy and I don't even have time to shop but I'm lucky that there are a lot of online sites now and it doesn't take me long to choose and place an order. For example, I recently ordered from https://matchinggear.com/mommy-and-me-outfits/ exact clothes for me and my daughter because I wanted this for a long time. I often saw moms dressing just like their baby and that looks very cute. I can't wait for my order to come and put them on.

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/21 9:44 am

Why do many people wear caps now ?

ridoskon
on 11/20/21 9:46 am

Well, probably one of the main advantages is that the cap protects from the sun.

Most Active