Shopping head games

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/17 1:21 pm

I went out looking for a short winter coat. I tried one on it said extra-large on the hanger. I put it on and I couldn't even get it over my arms.

Here it was a size medium. I was ready to flip out when it didn't fit.

stacyrg
on 10/26/17 1:38 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I hear you. I now wear typically wear a small shirt. I went to buy a Dodgers World Series shirt and the small seemed really small so I bought the medium. Got it home and no go, I'm ok if I try not to breathe and suck in my stomach. I'm in an XL in that particular shirt. I work damned hard and thought my days of buying XL shirts were behind me. Guess not. My friend keeps trying to tell me it's the shirt and not me, but that not something my mind is willing to process. Of course it's me.

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/17 2:04 pm

I totally don't care about wearing an extra large. I was like **** I gained weight. Then I looked on the inside it was a medium. I didn't feel so bad.

stacyrg
on 10/26/17 2:29 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

It bothered me, because it completely messed with my mind. The shirt wasn't mismarked or anything, I was just too big for it.

sweetpotato1959
on 10/27/17 4:28 pm

Maybe it was in a Juvenile size.... got a size 14 in one item and went to get a 14 in another , same brand, and was a large difference.. one was a juvenile other was an adult... could not tell by size marked.

Don't let it to mess with your mind.. Happened to me as well.. I went to get a bra, had always wore a larger cup, got the one supposed to fit and had gross overhang.. then compared to one of the older ones., tha t fit properly.. and cup was measured 3 sizes smaller instead of 1. I sent in complaint to manufacturer because no ability to return under items. Made for the ladies who were sewing them. They still don't make size 11.5 womens shoes... I buy mens in 10. they fit. A good foundation, sure costs..(smile)

mschwab
on 10/27/17 12:58 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Women's sports shirts and concert shirts are always small. Drives me crazy. At the Roger Waters concert, I had to by an XL, and it still fits tight.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/26/17 2:02 pm

Once in a department store I tried on a shirt I really liked. M was too small, L was too small, XL fit me. On one hand I was happy I found one that fit me, on another - I was devastated i needed XL. I shared taht with a friend who was with me at the time. Only then she told me that the sections I was picking the shirts from was junior. I bought the shirt and cut the size label off.

then there are the Asian sizes. I need XXL in those.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/17 2:06 pm

I don't mind going up if I know they are sized that way. When I first lost weight. I was hell bent on buying stuff that was my actual size. Sizes are so screwy.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/26/17 2:12 pm

Sizes are so screwy - absolutely.

Earlier this year at Costco I bought 2 pair of shorts and 2 T-Shirts; made by the same company - 32deg. I had to buy the shorts size small and the shirts size Large. The shorts are lose on me, the shirts are not- they are "just right". Go figure- same company, you've think their sizes would be more uniform? nope.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kristi T.
on 10/28/17 9:31 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

This happened to me last week. I bought two pairs of -32degree leggings at Costco both the same size, got home and one fit and the other was too small. I really like the feel of the -32degree brand, exchanged it just fine and bought one more pair:-)

Most Active