Feelings are hurt

Aavenger
on 10/23/17 1:37 pm - Mount pearl, Canada
VSG on 11/15/17

My date is nov 15 th in Montreal I just want to

get healthy!! The physical will be a bonus .

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/17 8:16 pm
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/17 12:16 am

I geel your pain.

I went shopping a few weeks ago for some 'goal' clothes. I am normally a 4x and a 5 x for big comfy clothed. I picked up a very pretty 1x blouse and as I was checking out the cashier asked me if so picked up the wrong size. I politely said no I am believing in my future and I will wear in in the summer. She rolled her eyes at me. That's Ok, she doesn't know what I know and I love the blouse.

People do not think before speaking sometimes. It bothered me for about a hour then I went home and started thinking about a shirt that would look good with my new 1x shirt. I plan to go back in the store when it fits. Hee hee.

Be strong and you pick out some goal clothes. Hang it on your door. You got this!

Penny

Fredbear
on 10/28/17 6:30 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

You may be wasting money now.

I literally skipped several sizes in the first few months and ended up tossing a bunch of clothes that I had kept around "for when they fit again!"

You're also reinforcing a bad habit - spending money on things you can't use. This is how hoarders are grown! ;-)

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/17 10:21 pm

You have a point haha but that would never happen. I am a neat freak. I put my husband's messes away before he turns are from them.

Shopping for one shirt made me excited for the future. I was suggested to do this by a group support meeting. Go figure.

I am happy to hear you had great success.

Penny

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/17 12:16 am

I feel your pain.

I went shopping a few weeks ago for some 'goal' clothes. I am normally a 4x and a 5 x for big comfy clothed. I picked up a very pretty 1x blouse and as I was checking out the cashier asked me if so picked up the wrong size. I politely said no I am believing in my future and I will wear in in the summer. She rolled her eyes at me. That's Ok, she doesn't know what I know and I love the blouse.

People do not think before speaking sometimes. It bothered me for about a hour then I went home and started thinking about a shirt that would look good with my new 1x shirt. I plan to go back in the store when it fits. Hee hee.

Be strong and you pick out some goal clothes. Hang it on your door. You got this!

Penny

Most Active