Getting Back on Track

VSGAnn2014
on 11/4/17 8:17 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Congrats, Melly Belly. :) You're doing so great. And you must be so encouraged by your rapid results. I'm sure you'll achieve your goal by year-end. Love your big hairy goal / date, by the way. :)

I'm 3 years, 2 months post-op and a sleever. For those (above) worried about maintenance, I can offer the perspective that, at least so far, it's been pretty shockingly easy. Yes, when I go on vacation I gain 3-5 pounds. And then I come home and lose it within a week or two. Honestly, I'm pretty surprised at how predictable it all goes.

Like many of you, I adhere to most of the rules most of the time. I still weigh daily and track on MFP every day. I exercise 5-7 days a week. I'm not yet even close to being bored by this new lifestyle. It's just how I live now.

It's such a pleasure not to be afraid of food, but to enjoy it while recognizing that it's a resource that helps me live a healthy life -- the life I always wanted to live.

The privilege to have have this WLS has been such a marvelous gift! I do not intend to waste it.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Most Active