4 Years have passed

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/17 5:14 am

This is a during WLS picture I will not call it a after. I will always be working on myself not only with my weight but with my other emotional issues. This was this past summer. I think the look on my face says it all. I am finally finding what makes me happy and taking care of myself. I could post that I wish my body was different. My mental state is way better than it was four years ago.

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, ocean, outdoor and water

This is a picture of me the year before surgery.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and suit

Funny thing is when I had the surgery I thought I knew everything. I am grateful I have this site to help me.

I know I am not at goal. But I will get there. I have come to terms that I am an alcoholic and have major food addiction issues.

Daily is always good angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other. So my food choices are not always the best.

I think the hardest part of having WLS is the head part. Learning to love ourselves is not always easy. Not beating ourselves up is one thing I know I have to always make sure I don't do to myself.

Having surgery has been one of the best things I have done for me. The second was to realize I am an alcoholic.

The only reason I share that is because if I didn't have the surgery I would have killed myself with booze.

I would never have looked at my addiction without surgery.

I did have ups and downs after surgery. I have had to have three hernia repairs. But they would have happened regardless of my WLS.

If you are new to this site. It does help with weight loss. It makes you feel not as alone in the world, I could be in a room full of people and feel by myself. Now it is okay to be in a room that is empty and not feel lonely.

Life is better.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/17/17 5:21 am

Congratulations Susan. You came a long way.

Sure it is a process. Good luck in the future to get what you need from life !

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Notaboutperfect
on 10/17/17 5:54 am
VSG on 11/08/16

"I could be in a room full of people and feel by myself. Now it is okay to be in a room that is empty and not feel lonely."

My heart is with you, I often feel this way--still working on getting to the latter. Thank you for sharing your struggles and victories so generously.

karenp8
on 10/17/17 6:19 am - Brighton, IL

I love that top picture of you Susan. You look so happy and at peace and that's what we all seek. You have come so very fair and learned so many things on your way. I'm so thankful for all the life lessons you share with us. Just like you,each day is a struggle for me to make good choices. Thank you for reminding me that Im not alone there!

pammieanne
on 10/17/17 7:07 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Susan, I love the beach picture of you

And I always love hearing about your journey.

Happy Surgiversary.

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Dcgirl
on 10/17/17 7:50 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Congratulations, Susan! I have loved watching you blossom (such a cheesy word, but apropos here) in the last four years. You have truly taken the time to learn about yourself and make the changes that will lead you to the healthiest, happiest version of yourself. I am so proud of your daily work fighting both food and alcohol addiction. It would be easy to let the devil on your shoulder win out every time, and you are a champion for fighting the good fight everyday. Your two wonderful kids will have you around for so many more years.

RNY_elizabeth
on 10/17/17 8:22 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Happy anniversary. You have accomplished so many wonderful things. You look healthy and joyful now. You have done a ton of physical and mental work. You inspire me. Congratulations.

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Kathy1212
on 10/17/17 9:34 am

Happy Anniversary! I love the beach pic; you look so happy and carefree!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/17 10:02 am

I chose the beach picture since it shows where I am at mentally. I do know that I have to lose more weight. But my insides are a lot better than they used to be.

Amy R.
on 10/17/17 10:44 am

You're beautiful Susan.

That is all.

Most Active