AMERIGROUP!

Brit2118
on 10/13/17 11:43 am
RNY on 10/13/17

So my all of my clearances should have been turned in today to my insurance! I'm curious to know if anyone knows how long it takes to get approved or not from Amerigroup?

Amy R.
on 10/13/17 7:27 pm

I have no idea since I don't have that insurance. But you could call their 800 number and ask them what their turnaround time looks like. They are the ones who would know. You can even ask them where your claim is in their process - many times you can get a good heads up from insurance reps.

Brit2118
on 10/14/17 5:05 pm
RNY on 10/13/17

Thank you so much! I decided I am going to give it a week and see if I hear anything from them or my Bariatric Center if not then I will call and ask questions! I feel like sometimes I get so nervous I need to start relaxing some.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/15/17 6:38 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I can't speak to your specific company, but two weeks seems to be a very common average turnaround time.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Member Services
on 10/16/17 1:56 pm - Irvine, CA

Medical review for prior authorization takes about two weeks through Amerigroup. It can take longer, if they do not have everything they need to review and have to request additional information. However, it could be sooner, if they are on the ball and you can have a decision in just a few days. I know it is easer said than done, but just have patience.

Good Luck.

Most Active