DEXA scan at 2 years post op.

Deanna798
on 9/28/17 9:13 am
RNY on 08/04/15

This was my 3rd DEXA, you can see the history on the first sheet, and my first after plastic surgery. I am pleased with my results. It gives me an opportunity to make some goals.

I started a new therapist lead support group this week. We are all actively working to lose 10% of our body weight in 12 weeks. I'm feeling motivated and for the last 2 days have stayed within my plan. Now, I just need to get back to working out.

If you get an opportunity to get a DEXA, I highly recommend it.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Batwingsman
on 9/28/17 10:14 am - Garland, TX

Good job on having it done, but please interpret the results for us .. good, bad .. ?

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Deanna798
on 9/28/17 11:47 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I have 32.7% body fat, which is down in the last 6 months. Not bad for a woman of 44 years old, but on the high end of what is considered normal. I have gained a little since my last DEXA, but if you look at my lean mass, all that has been gained is muscle. My fat distribution is really good. It makes sense that I carry less fat in my abdomen, since I had a tummy tuck in June that removed 5.8 pounds of fat.

I think overall, it's pretty good. I think that I am setting my goal to lower my body fat percentage to less than 30, regardless of what my weight is.

My bone density is really good.

I want to lose some weight still, but overall, I feel healthy and mentally, having this DEXA scan makes me more comfortable with where I am.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Jester
on 9/28/17 5:38 pm
RNY on 03/21/16 with

I think you must have had the exact same technician that I did! She even drew the same down arrow and .8 on the A/G ration section. Too funny.

Most Active