Is gastric sleeve an option

HonestOmnivore
on 9/26/17 1:45 pm
RNY on 03/29/17

I can't speak to the options post Nissen Wrap, but just in case you're curious, as another relative light weight in the WLS game (my BMI was 35 when I started this journey) I chose the RNY because it had the better long term results. When I went through my surgery I was helped along by a good friend who had gone through the gastric sleeve procedure a few years ago. He was strongly advising me to do the sleeve rather than the RNY because the RNY is "extreme". He was really shocked at how (relatively) easily I recovered from my surgery, and was almost pi$$ed off that I was able to return to work more quickly than he had done.

My feelings about the RNY and DS was that nothing was more radically unhealthy for me than remaining obese. I'm really happy and certainly not losing "too much too fast" as some of my friends and family though I would going with the RNY.

Good luck!

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

Most Active