Kathy S - WLS Journey - My first 5K, will she die or survive?

Kathy S.
on 9/12/17 2:54 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

September 24, 2005

Ok, my will is made out.

My shoes are tied in the center and not to the side. Did you ever notice when you can't bend down you lean to tie your shoes?

I have a case of Ben Gay in the car.

My body girdle is clean and waiting to pack the skin in.
I am worried about the two hung low sisters, without duct tape I may get two black eyes.
Protein sup is laying on the counter.
I don't have to worry about my thighs causing fires anymore, but the fire department will be there just in case the skin does the same

Ok, wish me luck

Oh, what is this all about you may ask ?

I am running my first 5k run/walk tomorrow since losing 200 pounds. I will let ya know how I do.

If you don't see a follow up post from me then send cards and letters to Northwestern Hospital in Chicago, address it attention to: the lady that tripped over her 2 hung low boobs.

Updated thoughts - this was one of the biggest thrills of my life. Going from not being able to walk in the store without my left side going number to running a 5k. It will be with me always. Try it, you may like it and BELIEVE!!!!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Gina 22 years out
on 9/13/17 9:40 am - Burleson, TX

KATHY - Do you remember what your "time" was? I'm trying to remember what my first "timed" 5K was. I THINK my first organized 5K was one for Breast Cancer, but I was too cheap (and scared) to pay the $3, for the timing. I used to excuse the $3 didn't go to cancer research. I know it took me longer than an hour and a half, to finish. I wasn't dead last...but I was pretty much DEAD...

Since, then I have done 3 half-marathons--all after the age of 50...that's like a marathon and a half, right?!?

It's NEVER too late !!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Kathy S.
on 9/14/17 11:37 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Gina I didn't even pay any attention to the time, I was just trying to cross the finish line and not have to have the EMT's come and get me!

You have my greatest respect for the marathons....I had wanted to do half marathons but while my knees are not too bad I know if I do that it will escalate the sands in the hourglass and just don't want to do it.

When you run your marathons be sure and share your photos....

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Gina 22 years out
on 9/15/17 4:03 am - Burleson, TX

Running races is off my bucket list...

True story: My last half marathon, in Dallas, in few years...It was raining/freezing...I was passed, at about mile 10, by 2 gentlemen, in SPANDEX SHORTS, who were easily in their 80's, and were BLIND - they were holding their guides's elbows...and they passed ME...I fell in a pothole, while watching them...tore a muscle, in my thigh...

I finished the course...but that was the end of my Olympic dreams :)

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active