Uncontainable boobage

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/17 9:15 pm
VSG on 12/28/16

Laughing at your runaway boobs because I can relate. I agree that Victoria's Secret is not the way to go here. Another suggestion is to try Ruby Ribbon. It's a shapewear company that has at-home sellers. I bought 2 pieces from a friend of a friend who had a 'shapewear party'. I was pretty skeptical but I actually was pretty impressed and loved what I got. They have a couple of sports-style looking bras that would probably help. I also bought leggings that I love. Not a commercial here; I don't sell it. Just giving another source.

AggieMae
on 9/8/17 1:01 am
VSG on 10/25/16

I found some pads on Amazon that fit under the boobs (like a push-up bra) they really helped make the girls look and feel more firm.

I am having my boobs (and LBL) done on 12/28... they are a deflated mess.

Lina_Ann
on 9/8/17 1:34 am, edited 9/7/17 6:35 pm

The 'Sunnie' bra from Aerie is great. The band is wider and the cup is more full coverage. I believe they go up to a 38DD. Just make sure it is the FULL coverage Sunnie and not the demi. They specifically made it for girls who want or need something full coverage :)

https://www.ae.com/aerie-sunnie-full-coverage-lightly-lined-bra-slab-gray/aerie/s-prod/9792_3487_933?cm=sCA-cCAD&catId=cat8000013&N=4294965525

Referral: June 2017
RNY with Dr. Neville in Ottawa: January 8th, 2018

Valerie G.
on 9/8/17 7:29 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Even though I'm a size 10, Lane Bryant is still my go-to for bras, but I have to special order my 36D Cacique Balconette. It's so full and containing, that I can do cartwheels and stay in place. I've tried so many others, but nothing gives me the shape, coverage and containment that this bra has. You just pour yourself in and the bra does the work for you.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Amy Liz
on 9/9/17 10:45 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I'm with you!!- LB balconette has been my bra to for YEARS. In my opinion it is the best bra anywhere. I've gone from a 46DDD to a 38DDD so far now and I pray that I will always be able to wear them. I think they go down to 32DD, so I think I'm okay.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/8/17 8:23 am

I had the same issues. 7 months after my weight was stable and at it's lowest- I went to have breast lift - no implants. The doc created my large C - small D from my own tissue. With almost no fat on my ribcage - I am 36C-D. Depends on the style. Now I can buy any $5- $20 bras and be happy. I no longer need underwire (that hurts) or any major compression. Bras-less at home is a huge bonus.

The best 5k I ever spent.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

HonestOmnivore
on 9/8/17 2:19 pm
RNY on 03/29/17

I only read through the first page of responses but my PS sent me to Nieman Marcus and Nordstrom to be sized post surgery. This was post mastectomy/reconstruction surgery where the breast impersonators aren't always that convincing.

Now I have these floppy things where the skin was stretched out to accomodate the transplanted tissue, and a framework was built to hold the tissue in position, but all the tissue (transplanted fat) is gone. GONE. so they look like old man boobs. On a good day.

I can't help you with the part about keeping them in their pens, but I have started to use padded bras of the cup size I am. So I'm out five months, and I'm wearing 32 B padded. I was wearing a 38D when I had my WLS. The padding fills in the gap between the baggy skin and the top of the cup.

good luck!!!!

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

Most Active