Physical therapy

Melody P.
on 8/31/17 5:59 pm - Amarillo, TX

my doctor wants me to see a physical therapist and my first appointment is next Thursday. He said that they will help me with an optimal workout routine.

I am ok with this but I was curious if this was a normal requirement?

Im looking at it as an opportunity to learn and hoping they have a pool for water aerobics lol.

Mel

nance1950
on 8/31/17 6:13 pm
RNY on 04/26/17

Physical therapy and an exercise plan was required by my program...pre surgery. Post surgery (six months out) I have to see him again to update my workout. Nance

Lina_Ann
on 9/1/17 4:03 am

The clinic that is working me also wants me to see a fitness trainer at least 2-3 times before surgery. Apparently it's to find physical activity that suits my lifestyle & that I will enjoy.

Referral: June 2017
RNY with Dr. Neville in Ottawa: January 8th, 2018

FluffyChix
on 9/1/17 9:12 am

This is such great news for you!! I'm very excited because I think that it can only help you succeed! The water aerobics sounds so fun. I used to love it. Hope they have a pool for you and if not, you should totally see if there's a YMCA near you. They always have WA classes when they have a pool!

I don't have a prereq for that, but my arthritis docs have prescribed PT for me. I start next week (thank you Harvey) and am so excited. We will work on building core strength and they will also help me plan out and learn a home exercise routine that I hope will help with pain and with building strength and endurance. I'd love to be able to use any physical improvement to then move into doing yoga at the Y! Very excited!

Most Active