New here

WitchEPoo
on 8/26/17 12:00 am

Hello all. I am new here. I have just started on my journey. I am going to the bariatric clinic in Medicine Hat. I have had a few appointments with various members of the team there and have a lot more coming up. I usually have two or three appointments a month. I have been put on the list for surgery but was told it would be about 7 to 9 months before my first visit with the surgeon (well now 6 to 8 months since it happened). I am glad I have the monthly appointments to go to because it makes things move along a little faster.

I am excited and nervous about this whole thing. They tell me at all my appointments I am doing well because my weight is constant, but I do want to start losing before my surgery.

I thought I would join here so I can get as much information as possible. Find out what others have gone through, pros and cons, dos and don'ts, all that stuff.

I have complete support from my family, but they are not going through it so it is nice to have somewhere like here to come and talk to people who are.

peachpie
on 8/26/17 8:42 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Are you in the US? Not sure where/what Medicine Hat is.

Welcome!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

CerealKiller Kat71
on 8/26/17 8:50 am, edited 8/26/17 1:51 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Hi and welcome! I am not sure, but isn't Medicine Hat in Alberta, Canada? We've many Canadians here -- and I am sure you will find a lot of great information.

Look for people who have achieved what you wish to -- and have maintained that for more than 2 or 3 years. See what they've done and how you can learn from them.

It sounds like you are moving along well -- and surgery will not be too far away for you.

Wishing you well on your progress.

Edited to add: Just in case you weren't aware, there is also a board specifically for Canadians -- just in case you have any location specific questions, too. Here's a link if you are interested:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Meggles07
on 8/26/17 9:28 am - Canada

I just want to add that that forum has a lot of Ontario process specific information which can be quite different from the other provinces as the surgery is covered and regulated by our provincial health insurance and system. There is still lots of great info about life pre and post-op there though!! :)

CerealKiller Kat71
on 8/26/17 10:53 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Thanks for adding that. In the listings, it only says "Canada" forums -- so I was kind of surprised when I clicked it and it was specifically Ontario.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Meggles07
on 8/26/17 11:39 am - Canada

There are forums for other provinces but from what I've heard they are very quiet. The Ontario one is relatively active :)

FluffyChix
on 8/26/17 9:07 am

Welcome and congrats on staying the course of going to appointments and maintaining your weight!! You'll learn so much here.

Gina 22 years out
on 8/28/17 5:55 am - Burleson, TX

WELCOME!!! You won't find a better bunch of peeps, to help you, on this crazy, LIFETIME journey!

Jump on in

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Caff
on 8/28/17 5:58 am

Welcome to OH, you're off to a good start!

Referral - 05/16, Orientation @ HRH - 19/08/16, Surgeon - 06/04/17, NUT/SW/RN - 26/6/17 VSG - 11/10/17 Pre-Op - 27 lbs M1: 22 lbs M2: 14 lbs M3: 11 lbs M4: 13 lbs M5: 9 lbs M6: 9 lbs M7: 7 lbs

Most Active