Anyone who has had an RNY reversal

diane S.
on 8/27/17 10:14 am

Yep, it was indeed the fabulous Dr. J. She is great and a nice person too. My brother helped "put her on the map" for this procedure by publicizing his good outcome and doing the Mayo video. ds

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Valerie G.
on 8/24/17 7:49 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

The people on this page and the surgery specific pages are often more positive, and some of those who are having problems are reluctant to post about them.

Check here:

Revision Weight Loss Surgery Forum

Failed Weigh Loss Surgery

Weight Loss Surgery Complications Forum

Weight Loss Surgery Regrets

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Grim_Traveller
on 8/24/17 1:15 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

He hasn't had any problems. He had RNY 3 weeks ago and woke up from surgery with a typical "Oh no, what did I do to myself." He's convinced himself he wants a revision.

The only issues are ones that a good psychiatrist can help him with, not a surgeon.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

CJohnston
on 8/26/17 4:15 pm

See this is the issue with this site. You are desperately reaching to try and misrepresent the situation. I didn't say I had issues neither did she but if someone is requesting information from someone who has that experience you have no right to fight them. Also, for you to claim I need a psychiatrist for requesting information is ridiculous. Psychiatrists prescribe medicine that alters peoples mindsets that the last thing you need in a situation when making life changing decisions. You on the other hand who is so desperate to block someone from asking questions that have nothing to do with you should consult a psychiatrist. Why? Because someone who isn't going to answer my question or doesn't even like the question would just get on with their life but no, you are so mental that you're not only giving me negative comments, you're giving negative comments to people just for answering me or giving me advice. You Sir, should seek help.

Grim_Traveller
on 8/26/17 10:41 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Everyone who has followed your reaction since surgery has given you the same advice, and you haven't wanted to listen.

Weight loss surgery is a big deal. It's life-changing, and a life-saving procedure.

Reversal of RNY is a serious, serious surgery. It's a dangerous surgery. Life-threatening surgery. It should not be contemplated unless there are life-threatening complications.

I get that you are freaked out about having to live with this choice that YOU made. Having "buyer's remorse" after WLS is extremely common. I certainly went through it.

But we talk ourselves into things. If you talk about a reversal long enough you will absolutely convince yourself that you need one, must have one, that it's vital -- except it isn't. Physically you are doing fine. Follow your program. Lose your weight. Live a long, happy, healthy life. You have a great tool to help you do that.

But you can't see it. You've got yourself twisted up in knots. You will literally push yourself over the brink if you don't break this cycle.

I hope you find a way, I really do. But there are several different ways that this won't end well.

Good luck.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active