Kathy s WLS Journey - 12, 10 and 8's OH MY!!!

Kathy S.
on 8/9/17 11:33 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

July 23, 2005

Well, getting close to goal is strange in a good way. I know you won't believe this but you get a kinda calm that comes over you. I weighed last Sunday at 143 and if I continue to lose the 2 pounds a week will be 141 tomorrow. My surgeon told me over 8 months ago he would be very happy if I got in the 150's. Well, made it :-) I have found that I am very small, chuckle, chuckle,... Those words are hard to type. But I am, with me only being 5 foot 3, I feel the 120's is a very real expectation.

This summer and buying clothes has been a chuckle to say the least. I was sooooo thrilled when I bought a size 14 in shorts. Then I went back and bought a size 12, then 10 and now I am in size 8's. OH MY GOSH, DID I JUST TYPE SIZE 8!!!!!!??????? You bet I did.

YOU TO WILL BE TYPING THIS ONE DAY. I am wearing a size 8!!! I know you can do it.

So, I just stay the course and try to exercise. And when I get out of the 140's I will get there. When I get out of the 130's I will get there. I am enjoying life to much to worry about it.

One thing I want to start talking about here on my profile is the next step in our process as butterflies! The dreaded loose skin issue! It's really, really, really bad for me. The arms are just the worst. I have been looking at before and after pics of some people that have had the body lifts and arms and such and I must say, I am not impressed. I see breast lifts that are better mind you, but hello, they are still way down there. If you have PS I expect them puppies to be purky! And the before and after on the arms. 99 percent of them still have baggy arms. If I am going to live with the scar from hell then baby I better have slender arms when the surgery is done.

Are my expectations realistic? I see Dr. Nagle on the 31st of August and I am going to speak with him about this and get a recommendation for a couple of plastic surgeons. I want to talk to them and see what I can expect.

Well, I need to get back to the boards and keep this PS research going. Oh, did I mention I found out the average cost for the "BODY LIFT" was around $50,000. Why can't insurance help us? I feel it's more of a reconstruction thing, not cosmetic! Oh, well....onward we go.

Thank you for giving me this chance to share my journey by!!!

Updated thoughts - When you get close to goal and are living life as it was meant to be lived who needs drugs? It's a high that I can't describe and you all will know the feeling too!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Maryvsg87
on 8/9/17 12:53 pm - Bronx, NY
VSG on 11/20/17

Wow.... Just amazing!! I am so happy for you. Size 8 it seem so long ago and so far away for me but hopefully I too one day will write I made it. As far as the BODY LIFT keep the research there are plenty of good doctor. As far as insurances you are right should cover and I have heard some do. So keep on searching that you will find what you seek. Good luck on it. Keep on exercising because I do believe that helps too. I am so happy to have read your post you give me hope.

Kathy S.
on 8/9/17 1:48 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Maryvsg87,

Check the date on the post.... I am reposting/sharing my journey. I had surgery in 2004 and started PS in 2005. I lost over 200 pounds and kept it off for for years. I had some regain after losing my husband and after a year got it off again.

I see you are just starting out, let us know if you need anything Be sure and check out our VSG forum to reach out to those that had or are going to have the same surgery you are.

VSG Forum

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

Maryvsg87
on 8/9/17 5:54 pm - Bronx, NY
VSG on 11/20/17

I know...... I did read it but whether that was 2005 or today I'm happy for you!!! Sorry to hear about your husband. Thank you definitely will let you all know. Yes I sure am checking the VSG forum and doing my research on the surgery. Thank you so much!! I can't wait to see my before and after....

Kathy S.
on 8/10/17 12:28 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You are going to do amazing Mary! Learn all you can before surgery. Deal with the head issues. I tell people they need to get it right between the ears before re-arranging their plumbing Let me know if I can help

Most Active