Kathy s WLS Journey - Stress Test? Did I Turn To Food?

Kathy S.
on 8/8/17 12:25 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

June 22, 2005

Strange how quickly life can take a turn and you are faced with the latest test... Sorry for the delay in updating my profile. I swore I was not going to be one of those that stopped posting and updating as it's just as important at this stage as when you first have surgery. Life just kinda side tracked me.

I have one elderly relative left my 76 year old Aunt and my husband has his 88 year old Dad. Both of them have failing health issues happening at the same time. The past several weeks has been a roller coaster of emotions and tests. We are doing the best we can, but it is tough at times. When I am in the middle of a crisis I find I don't turn to food for comfort which is very new to me. I have gotten off my routine of water and protein and I am trying to get back on it while I am at home. Although I could be called down to Florida any time to be with my husband and his ailing father.

I didn't make it to my follow up check up with the surgeon due to family issues so I have scheduled an appointment for Weds. August 31st, my one year anniversary.

I will try and keep this more updated, I am so thankful for my OH family.

Take care,
Kathy

Updated thoughts - I can't stress enough how many times you will be tested, hit road blocks and speed bumps during the first year after your weight loss surgery. Prepare, prepare, prepare, it will help you not turn to food. That being said you never know what life will hand you and can't prepare for everything. Breath and take a moment. When you feel you are in a tornado and everything is swirling out of control find a way to take a moment, breath and think. Think about how you are going to deal with the issue/s without turning to food. You will be surprised how much we do without thinking and just react. I found that was a big portion of my eating issues. YOU GOT THIS!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130