Kathy s WLS Journey - It's A Beached Whale, A Blimp, No It's Me...

Kathy S.
on 8/4/17 2:39 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

April 29, 2005

Well today is the big day for me. I have decided to post my big fat before picture from a year ago when we were on our cruise. This was the light bulb moment I talked about. I couldn't even walk. My PCP says I weighted 330 in this picture. Looking at it I believe her but I didn't realize how big I was. I know that sounds stupid but pictures are worth a thousand words, as I was in denial BIG TIME... so here it is...

Updated thoughts - sigh I guess a photo speaks it loud and clear. This photo was the turning point for me. I had not been on a scale in years, avoided mirrors and NO ONE took pictures of me. I knew it was bad but in denial BIG TIME as I posted years ago. My husband and I were on a cruise. I would sit and he waited on me, getting food and drinks. We got brave and tried to go on one excursion to see turtles. If I walked too much my left leg would go numb. He took this photo of me and I didn't know he had. This was the old days and sent your film out. When I got the pictures back I sat there staring for what seemed like hours.... Then I burst into tears. When my DH came home I am ashamed to say I screamed at him for taking the photo, why did you do this, you know I don't like my photo taken. But I was not mad at him, I was mad at myself. It took 18 months but after that photo I never looked back....

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Gina 22 years out
on 8/4/17 3:31 pm - Burleson, TX

KATHY - You were always beautiful, but now you are beautiful and HEALTHY

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Kathy S.
on 8/7/17 11:44 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Thanks Gina, you know going back and revisiting my journey it has really helped. I think it's good to be reminded how tough it was and how we overcame and won the battle of the bulge. Since we have tough choices daily we don't ever want to go back!!!!

FluffyChix
on 8/4/17 4:38 pm

I can so relate! You'd think I was a vampire--or Sean Penn. Whatevs! :D

I'm so glad you made the decision to change and selfishly, that you are here today to share and guide our way. And I agree with Gina. You are beautiful in this picture. Now I'm off to go look for a photo of a current you!

Kathy S.
on 8/7/17 11:50 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I had battled a 60 pound regain after keeping my weight off for over 10 years. I lost my husband of 39 years and really didn't care for awhile. But finally got things going again and here is my after regain photo I posted a few months ago....