Kathy s WLS Journey - Riding My Bike And No Numb Butt!! OH MY!!! Wow Moment!

Kathy S.
on 8/2/17 12:35 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

April 3, 2005

OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH!!!!

Today is just awesome weather wise and when you live in IL you better get out and enjoy the weather when it's nice as it will change in a blink. Well, I have been sooooo busy making bracelets (thank you all so very much) that I was not going to go out, but my husband said "honey it could be snowing next week go". And I knew he was right. Had my son put air in my bike so I could ride it.

Now picture this and or I bet a few of you can relate. The last time I rode my bike I was 330 pounds (I didn't know I was that heavy at the time), I got to the end of the street, had to stop and rest, couldn't hardly breath. Went home vowing to never do that again...

I started pedaling my "lesser" butt off today and I couldn't stop, I JUST couldn't stop. I could have gone on and on, I went to the end of subdivision and all around the cul de sac and new construction as this is a fairly new subdivision. Around the lake twice and NEVER NEVER NEVER did I even breath hard at all.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this surgery. And this is only the beginning. Roller blading here I come, chuckle, chuckle.

Everyone enjoy the day!!!

Take care,
Kathy

Updated thoughts - little did I know at the time that riding my bike would become the passion that it has in my life. I encourage you, as the weight comes off try different things, no matter how silly or lack of confidence you may have. You never will know what clicks with you and be your go to exercise/moving to help you get to goal and stay there

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/2/17 3:32 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Did you ever try rollerblading? I can ride my bike all day, but I don't DARE put skates on because I'd probably fall and break my neck!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

FluffyChix
on 8/3/17 5:49 am

Kathy, loved this! I hear ya...if ya love something, then it's not really like doing the dreaded "E." (I'm not sure, but I might be "allergic" to E. It tends to make me break out in muscles...)

Oh my gosh, I used to LOVE skating at the roller rink when I was a kid! I've wanted to try RB so many times, but my weight/health/age/fear of breaking hips have always kept me from it. Booooo! Maybe this time I will just take the bull by the horns and do it! Maybe we should make a pact to try it one day? :D

Kathy S.
on 8/3/17 12:13 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

NO, but I still would like to try. I think I need a lot of padding so I bounce and not break

diane S.
on 8/3/17 10:52 am

Hey my big nsv is that I no longer get rashes from chafing inner thighs! I used to joke that I had been banned from national parks during fire season for fear my chafing would start a forest fire! Well I still get some chafing but only when tight clothes rub boney places! Congrats on the bike. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Kathy S.
on 8/3/17 12:10 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

OMGosh Diane, I love that fire season comment

Congratulations on your success

Most Active