Weighing Food: 1-oz-by-weight VS. Megalodon...I mean VS. 1-oz-by-volume

Insert Fitness
on 8/2/17 2:59 pm

I didn't worry about weight during the purée stage. And focused only on volume.

now I kinda do both. My clinic's diet for life recommends no more than 1 cup of food per meal.

So, depending on what I'm eating, I do a combo of weigh and measure. Also, I have some small dishes that hold less than a cup, and use those often.

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

FluffyChix
on 8/2/17 9:07 pm

((drooling)) Have I told you lately that I love you? And that I heart visual aids? :D Ok, that makes PERFECT sense and is very doable. TY girlie!

White Dove
on 8/3/17 5:48 am - Warren, OH

I think of measuring cups and spoons as the old fashioned way and a digital scale as the new way. When I had surgery, I did not have a digital scale and used measuring cups and spoons.

Now I use the scale and weigh everything on the plate that I will eat it from.

The scale is far more accurate than measuring.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

FluffyChix
on 8/3/17 5:52 am

I hear ya woman! I love just throwin a plate on the scale, then adding each element. I don't have to stress if I measured spinach the same way this meal (like it really matters that much with spinach), or that I "really" eat 3oz of meat, rather than cramming 5 ounces in my measuring cup--cuz you know, I do play head games with myself at times!

Most Active