Tuesday-Sweat now, SMILE later

SkinnyScientist
on 8/1/17 5:48 am

So I am being "meeting out" at work. I have meeting over my abs and body pump classes.

Initially (like all day yesterday), I was annoyed. Bodypump and step are my FAVORITE classes and stupid meetings are always been scheduled at the same time as them so I miss them more than I get to them.

So, I looked at the schedule and found a 7 am BODYSHRED class. It required me to get up at 4 am, but I made it there.

All I can say is- I AM SO GLAD I COULDN'T go to body pump. Bodyshred is that hard aerobically, resistance and coordination wise class I have been missing since the Piloxing instructor moved away. I love the concept of circuits. It was awesome and so hard the sweat literally dripped off of me in droplets onto the mat.

I will be back next week. Wish they offered the class TWICE a week.

QOTD: What exercises/activities/class were you surprised that you liked?

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

kitmouse
on 8/1/17 10:05 am
RNY on 07/27/17

Anything that involves coordination is off my list. It's just not in me. BUT! Give me a machine of my own and I'm there. I love Spinning (I even have an old Spin bike at home) and I love the Proformer (group Pilates reformer classes) group I used to go to. I had to stop because I just got too unwieldy for the machine, but as I lose I hope I can go back.

SkinnyScientist
on 8/1/17 11:01 am

Wow. The universe is telling me to take up spin class. You are the 4th person in a week to tell me how awesome spinning is. Then someone told me figure skaters use spin to keep their cardio up without all the impact. Julie and the Canadian gal have such great pics from all their biking adventures....and here is YOU.

Ok. Next week-I am going to give spin class a try.

On the reformer classes, I have heard that reformers are awesome, but I dont even think my gym has ONE. When I was looking at target.com, they run about 1K. That is big $$$.

Do they really tone and reshape you as much as the movies stars SAY they do?

Please answer, I might blow $$$ on weekend reformer classes

kitmouse
on 8/1/17 12:37 pm
RNY on 07/27/17

It's core strength, intrinsic strength, and grace. Pilates girls (they're usually female around here) are always the lithe, flexible, sinewy ones with long arms and legs. Even if they're shorter and given to stockiness, the faithful to Pilates machine classes always manage to look...longer.

SkinnyScientist
on 8/1/17 8:47 pm

They do! They have what I call "ballerina builds" ...

Knitter215
on 8/1/17 1:51 pm
VSG on 08/23/16

I love TRX classes - love those straps and frame and all that whole body work. LOVE PILATES - particularly on the reformer. Minimum 2x month with my Pilates coach. But the biggest surprise for me was:

FENCING

Yep. I have joined a fencing club and fence foil (which I had never done before) 4-5 hours a week. It's three dimensional chess with optional impalement of your opponent and a high intensity work out at the same time!

Working on training now to compete in a regional tournament for my age group in December.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

SkinnyScientist
on 8/1/17 8:49 pm

Fencing!

That is cool! Madonna and "Dr. Isles" on Rizzoli and Isles fences!

Good luck in that tourney!!!

Kathy S.
on 8/1/17 2:40 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I love the spin class, weight lifting and zumba. I still need to do yoga for balance but every time I have tried I start laughing as I get stuck like a turtle on it's back and can't turn over

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

SkinnyScientist
on 8/1/17 8:49 pm

I farted and laughed once...

Most Active