Face aging (post op)

missc_26
on 7/31/17 1:47 pm
VSG on 10/03/16

I had been thinking about getting some refresher make up classes, then promptly forgot about it. I think this could be really valuable so i will look into it again. Thanks ladies :)

SkinnyScientist
on 7/31/17 1:55 pm

I didn't really think about changing my makeup look (since I had since high school****il I got married (I was 38)!! I thought I was cool toned, turns out I am warm. Also, with age, my eyes (which were more Melania Trump cat's eyes) have turned down to be more Precious Moment's sad eyes. She used entirely different techiques on my eyes and taught me a few of them.

Perhaps this will be your non-food reward for hitting a major goal/milestone?

It is ok to update your look. I mean, how many of us would still be running around with frizzy spiral perms and mall hair bangs???

I look at my grad photos and kind of wince sometimes...

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

missc_26
on 7/31/17 2:04 pm
VSG on 10/03/16

Perfect idea to use make up classes as a non food treat! I am totally going to do that

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/17 6:44 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Love that dress! You look beautiful.

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/17 7:28 am

Thank you. I sometimes post way too many pics of myself. But I know people need to see before and during pictures.

I know they helped me when I was starting out.

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/17 7:36 am
RNY on 11/22/16

I love to see pictures, please keep posting!! You look fabulous, be proud!

Writergurl08
on 7/31/17 7:47 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I love seeing pics on this site! It's so encouraging. I'm pre-op, so it's so good to see pics of people who looked like me and now look so good and happy and healthy!

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/31/17 4:55 am, edited 7/30/17 10:00 pm

Initially I used Botox and fillers (expensive) to deal with the rapid aging. App 2-3 years post op my face filled in mostly due to fat redistribution. I was planning to have a face lift... And once I saved enough money for that - and i was ready - I had it done. I now look my age again or maybe a few years younger . Good face lift will fix the sagging skin without making you look like you had a face lift. Make sure you pick a doc who is doing face lift on people who lost weight.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

SkinnyScientist
on 7/31/17 6:26 am

Some thoughts

I look younger.

Makeup artists love my pronounced cheekbones. They play them up in the most unusual of ways. I am giving David Bowe and Kate Moss a run for their money!!

Some Natropath uses aloe vera gel/juice (she recommends juice) around her eyes to reduce wrinkles. I have never done it so I don't know if it is viable or not. I think it is because she wasn't selling it as a product. More like a PSA (aka she wasn't making money on it so why would she lie?).

Don't be so hard on yourself. Chances are you look the same as (or still BETTER) than your peers. The face you see in the mirror is new to you and you might be having problems adjusting your mental version of you to what REALLY IS you. You [the way you are] is REALLY good enough. You really are!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

nance1950
on 7/31/17 8:26 am
RNY on 04/26/17

Hi....just so you know...about two months after surgery a friend told me that I looked "so much older" since I'd had the surgery! Nance

Most Active