Howdy from deep in the heart of Texas. Just starting my WLS scenic tour.

FluffyChix
on 7/28/17 9:48 am

Howdy y'all! I've been a lurker here for a while and decided to de-greenify and come out of lurkdom. I just had my first appointment/orientation with my surgeon last week. We're thinking that go-day will be sometime around mid-January if all goes according to plan. I do have a few issues that may throw a monkey-wrench in the works: I have a little fluid around my heart and a low-normal ejection fraction. The cardio doc thinks it's most likely a result of chemotherapy/radiation to my left chest for treatment of breast cancer 6 years ago. I'm still receiving biologic cancer therapy and will continue to receive it for the next 4 years (hopefully) and have to make sure that I will be able to absorb it with my new tummy. I also have to have a repeat Echo in a couple of months to see where we are with the fluid. I'm in the process of qualifying for WLS and begin nutrition visits in early August--then the clock really starts ticking!

It's great to be here and TIA to all for their help, friendship, mentorship, and knowledge! Hope I can be an asset here.

SallyCat
on 7/28/17 11:02 am
VSG on 10/17/16

Welcome! January will be here before you know it.

HW: 375 SW: 282 CW: 167 GW: 159

Kathy S.
on 7/28/17 11:04 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Gina 22 years out
on 7/28/17 1:47 pm - Burleson, TX

WELCOME!! Lots of friendly folks here--jump right in!

Where in Texas? The "Heart" could be Waco? Austin? You know big our state is! I'm in Burleson--just south of the Dallas/Ft Worth area

Do you know what type WLS you might be having? Does NOT matter...We are ALL family here

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

FluffyChix
on 7/28/17 1:59 pm

Hi there Gina! I guess I shouldn't say "heart" of Texas. I'm more like in armpit on the way to the underbelly. :D I'm in Houston. I used to live in Dallas and then Arlington, so know where Burleson is, exactly!

I'm hoping to have RNY, but it will depend on if my cancer drug can still be absorbed. I take Femara and must have solid levels kept up. She is leaning toward VSG, but we are concerned about past GERD. :( So it's all up in the air.

So happy to be here. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Laura in Texas
on 7/28/17 9:55 pm

Welcome! I am in the Houston area, too!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

FluffyChix
on 7/29/17 7:15 am

Hi Laura! Small world!

Gina 22 years out
on 7/29/17 4:04 pm - Burleson, TX

What part of Houston area? NO, I'm not going to stalk you:)

I have "people" extending from Magnolia, down to Galveston, so I'm down that way, often as I can..

I was going to tell you about Laura--but I see she already has---now SHE is an awe inspiring SUCCESS story !!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

FluffyChix
on 7/30/17 6:22 am

I'm so excited to meet you both! You are both such amazing successes and I'm learning so much already!

I'm just south of Tomball around the new Grand Parkway--just off 249? Maybe we can all meet-up one day...or meat-up. We're very pro-meat in our house. LOL, please don't stalk. We frown upon stalkers in our neighborhood. hehe. LOL.

Vegbeth
on 7/28/17 3:10 pm - Boston , MA
VSG on 12/28/16

Welcome

Most Active