I'm at THAT point.

Cosmos2112
on 7/21/17 8:29 pm

I'm getting the same comments at work. Like, are you eating anything to when can you eat some real food? Your legs are so skinny. I appreciate the kind comments I do get, but I'm just not used to this. My brain hasn't caught up until last Saturday when my photo was taken and I didn't even recognize myself. Good grief! Even my neighbor said I am tiny. I sure don't feel tiny. My nurse said I probably have up to ten pounds of loose skin so my real weight is ten pounds less. Does that make sense? I'm almost at my goal of 140, but I do fluctuate a lot. I don't eat more than I need, or I get that full feeling which is uncomfortable. I follow the rules from my surgery center. At times I do throw in a Quest bar when I kind of feel squirrely in my head, like my blood sugar is low.

Clothes wise, I bought my first pair of size 6 jeans, but mostly size 8 fit good. Kut from the Kloth and Lucky brand jeans fit well.

RNY 12/22/2016. HW 228. SW 224. CW 122

Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Lake West Medical Center, Willoughby OH

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/24/17 4:25 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I think the comment around the excess skin is because - Skin is not muscle, vital organs(brain, heart,... or bone), so it is not adding to our physical fitness. Skin is also not fat in the sense that you can diet an lose it or that you can draw upon it in times of body stress. Afterall, we lost this weight to be healthy.

I took photos (clothed and naked) without my head and looked at them as is they were someone else. At 145, MBI=25, I was not too thin, although in comparison to my 284 pound self, I could understand why people would be surprised at my new appearance and not really understand how to deal with their surprise and other emotions.

Go with what your medical professionals say. Say whatever you want to the others. Loved the "Nope staying steady."

Sharon

diane S.
on 7/23/17 9:21 am

This happened to me. People just aren't used to seeing you plus our faces tend to look a little gaunt after rapid weight loss. It sort of settles in to the new normal. just tell people you are doctor monitored and he/she assures you are fine. Your sweetie is right. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

theAntiChick
on 7/24/17 8:54 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Yep, I'm getting the same. I'm 5'9" at sitting right at 201# right now (come, on, onederland!!). My personal goal is 175# and I'll be over the moon if I can maintain between 175-185#. That is still in the "overweight" BMI, but historically that's where I've looked and felt my best, IMHO. So I'm still right at 25# over where I want to be.

I went to a party the other night and even other friends of mine who have had WLS are saying I shouldn't lose any more weight. My parents are expressing worry. Hubby supports me, but is already disappointed that I have developed a case of noassatall. Because of health issues, I haven't been working out, so I know once I get back up in the swing of workouts and weights I'll tone up a LOT and look really good at the weight I want to be, but it's a little irritating to have so many people telling me I should stop.

Frankly, I am going to keep working to get to where I want, unless one of my doctors tells me I need to stop. And that's my response to anyone who critiques.

You're doing AWESOME, and as long as your doc says you're good, keep going.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

VSGAnn2014
on 7/26/17 7:32 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Buy some tighter clothes. ;)

I'm kinda serious.

But hells, no, you've changed so much they're all just confused at this point. Heck, I was confused at that point myself. It's a lotta change to wrap your and their eyes and brains around.

BTW, three years post-op I still have people telling me to stop losing weight. I have weighed the same for the last 18 months.

Jeez.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Vegbeth
on 7/28/17 3:40 pm - Boston , MA
VSG on 12/28/16

I agree with what has already been said, folks just can't wrap their minds around the new you (and maybe a little unconscious jealousy). My family, who I don't see all that often, don't say a word about my weight loss one way or the other. I hadn't seen my brother, his wife and one of his kids for 6 months, went from a size 14 to a 4 and all my sister in law said was is that a new shirt you got on your trip! Duh, all my clothes are new. For her not to say anything, I know they are talking about me and think something is wrong with me. She's the kind to blurt out all sorts of things. I'm going to hang out with them tomorrow and have lost even more weight since the last time I saw them so who knows if they will start asking concerned questions or just ignore the topic again. Oh, btw, no one knows about the surgery in my family except my mom.

Most Active