I'm at THAT point.

Kathy1212
on 7/20/17 12:17 pm

As long as you, your doctor, and your sweetie are fine, it doesn't matter what they think. I know it's awful to not get the support but they are probably freaking out by how much you've changed, and maybe jealous they haven't lost as much (the ones who had surgery too, that is).

Congrats! I can't wait until someone calls me skinny, lol.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Yogb
on 7/20/17 12:48 pm
RNY on 09/25/13
Highfunctioningfatman
on 7/20/17 12:49 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

I think that I like the play it dumb approach. Just simply say that I'm at goal and holding steady.

Fredbear
on 7/20/17 12:52 pm, edited 7/20/17 6:58 am
VSG on 11/29/16

You can just say your "body is settling" if they ask if you've lost more weight...

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

jenorama
on 7/20/17 1:29 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

When you're heavy for a long time, people get used to you looking like that and seeing you thinner can take a lot of getting used to. Plus WLS can tend to make people look a bit gaunt, especially in the first year. They'll get used to how you look, then your fat will redistribute and you'll start getting comments that you've gained weight. You just can win with some people. Smile and nod and go on your way. :D

Jen

dh101
on 7/20/17 3:38 pm
VSG on 06/29/17

Take 2 attaboys out of petty cash! Your doing great.

As for those around you, their mental image hasn't adjusted yet to the you that has been trapped in the old body. If you are healthy, feel good, have energy, then you aren't too skinny. You certainly are still above the range for your height so I would not worry about being too skinny.

It will take your circle to catch up to the new you. Give them time and brush their misguided concerns off your shoulders.

Keep up the great work!

It is better to travel and get lost...

Than never to travel at all.

ThatMeanOne
on 7/21/17 2:06 am
VSG on 08/22/16

I'm getting this a lot lately too. Miss MeanOne (after she saw the scale the other morning) even said to me "I thought we weren't trying to lose any more weight." Which has me feeling a kind of way....

I think you are doing great - and I have looked at your pictures and think you look great too - I really do believe that people have to adjust to our weight - they just aren't used to us this way -

I saw my surgeon yesterday and he supports me trying to get to my goal (130) so since he and I are the two people that know my stomach best I'm going to go with our thoughts on trying to get these last 19 off.

My only question has been whether I should drop my calories and try to get it done faster or accept my rather slow rate and however long it takes is what it is....

im leaning towards keeping my calories where they are and taking the slow route to goal at this point - mainly because I do get hungry and I think if I drop low my brain might take me in the other direction.

I'm still working on a lot of food issues so the slow route might give me a little more time to fix what's between my ears.

Kathyjs
on 7/21/17 5:11 am

My skin fell :-( I am old but when I mention my mom, people never failing say' OMG your mom is still alive. She's going to be 90 soon. The fact I can zip up blue jeans is worth looking 100 , ha

SallyCat
on 7/21/17 8:44 am
VSG on 10/17/16

So happy to have just read this thread yesterday. Somebody just told me to quit losing. I just smiled. They then asked if I was still losing and I said, "Nope. Holding steady for a while now." They said, "Really? Are you sure? You look like you're losing." I just shrugged.

HW: 375 SW: 282 CW: 167 GW: 159

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/21/17 3:42 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Just for reference, my husband is 5'10.5" and 155 to 162 pounds -- depending on if he skipped lunch the day before. Seriously. It's disgusting.

He is super athletic and healthy -- has never had a food issue or a weight problem.

No one ever says he is "skinny" or unhealthy -- People always comment on how he's "perfect" --

It's just because they are used to you one way. Don't let them mess with your head.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active