Nerves

Melody P.
on 7/18/17 10:20 am - Amarillo, TX

so my first class is at three today...little less than three hours away.

I'm nervous as all get out! Not knowing what it'll be like is throwing me off lol. I have really bad anxiety going to Walmart!

For me...this whole process is so very bold and brace. I know it is for everyone but I'm just shocked at myself! I never stood up for myself after high school. When some one hit me verbally I hit myself back harder. My mom has been my biggest advocate for doing this and I can't say how much that woman means to me!

back to the subject...I tend to wonder off...lol

I'll post how it went this evening!

on another note...I lost two pounds in three weeks, big for me!

If if no one told you today, you matter!

Mel

CC C.
on 7/18/17 11:46 am

Enjoy it, Melody! I would have liked more classes. Plus you might meet some nice people who are just as nervous as you are and you can help each other feel comfortable.

And I totally get anxiety at going out to the store. I used to have that really bad. I'd drive to the store and couldn't get out of the car imagining everyone was looking at me or judging me (like anyone was thinking about anything other than themselves or their shopping lists...). So weird to think about now, because I couldn't be further from that person anymore. I still get anxiety, but it feels more like run of the mill anxiety rather than the paralyzing sort.

Anyway, good luck!

pammieanne
on 7/18/17 12:03 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I hope your first class goes well!

And way to go on the 2 pounds... every.single.pound.counts!!!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Melody P.
on 7/18/17 3:02 pm - Amarillo, TX

It went ok. Was a bit weird....not what I expected. Kind of dissapointed as it wasn't as in depth as I had thought it'd be I guess.

thanks for the replies! Onward and upward!

Mel

Vegbeth
on 7/18/17 5:24 pm - Boston , MA
VSG on 12/28/16

Keep up the good work. You still have more classes to go, so you should get the info you need. If not, don't hesitate to make extra appointments to get them from your bariatric team. I highly recommend making a list of questions you want answered. It helped me as I would get so anxious at every meeting/appointment that I would forget everything I wanted to ask.

Grim_Traveller
on 7/18/17 5:25 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Classes like this, local support groups, nutrition appointments, etc, can really be hit or miss. Some are very helpful, some can be awful. The best thing is to get what you can from them, but be prepared to do a lot of work on your own.

One of the things I found super helpful was paying attention to the really super successful long term vets here on OH. I picked a couple and followed their advice closely, hoping to imitate their success.

Good luck!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active