Thread Take OVER: Sweat today, Smile tomorrow!

SkinnyScientist
on 7/19/17 5:00 am

That is what I think! I also think the same about my running. Starting from scratch--run 3 minutes..walk 3 minutes. Some people (Kenyans) laugh at my half marathon time and ask if I walked. To heck with them...I DID it!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

SkinnyScientist
on 7/18/17 12:00 pm

Do you live in Iowa? For whatever reason I thought you lived in the Southwest.

Either way-Biking across an entire is quite a feat! Is this a vacation/physical challenge for you? Are you raising money for a charity doing it?

Your adventure sounds exciting!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/18/17 12:02 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You're right, I live in Arizona. But I was born in Iowa, my parents grew up there, and my extended family all lives there. I consider myself culturally midwestern :)

This is totally a bucket-list thing for me, as well as some good family time. My parents are driving from WA to IA and we're all going to meet up so my dad and I can ride together. We'll be staying with family all along the route, so it's like a big rolling reunion!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kathy1212
on 7/18/17 10:00 am

Hi Skinny Scienteist. Your routine sounds like a lot of hard work. Whew!

I went for my longest bike ride so far the day before yesterday; 32 km, and more than half the trail was all steep curvy hills so it was hard. I was so proud that i did it, even though I only was able to ride the bike up about half of the hills. I had to walk it up and down the rest of the hills because they were scary for me, lol.

Then, after all of that fresh air, I couldn't sleep and only had 3 hours of sleep so yesterday was a rest day for me. Today I plan to swim laps for an hour, because it's supposed to rain today. Tomorrow, if the weather clears, I am going bike-camping. I'm taking my bike, sleeping bag, tent, etc., and cycling out to a campground to spend the night. I'm really looking forward to it. It's supposed to be hot so I'm bringing my bathing suit so I can go for a swim at the beach once I'm there.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

SkinnyScientist
on 7/18/17 11:52 am

Based on the km and all that nature that you are reporting-you must live in Canada!

32 km-that is really super far. I cant run that far. I think I would probably use the car to go that distance!

I think it is really cool that you are doing destination biking by riding your bike to the camp ground. Do you use a trailer to pull the tent and camping supplies behind your bike?

Have fun biking, camping and swimming at the beach. I miss the north woods and all the fun nature things we could do. Tell me when you get back if you saw something cool like a turtle!!!

Kathy1212
on 7/18/17 2:54 pm

Thank you, and yes, I'm Canadian. I usually see Beavers when I go for a nature walk, and last year saw a juvenile bear in the area where I'll be camping so I'm hoping I won't see one again, lol. My friend saw a moose last week and I'd love to see that!

I don't have a trailer; I bought a super small tent and a compact summer sleeping bag and mattress pad that will fit on my rack. I'm using panniers (saddle bags) at the back and handle bar bags at the front.

The woods are a lot of fun but I'm hoping I won't be eaten alive by mosquitoes and blackflies, lol. If only they sucked fat instead of blood.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

SkinnyScientist
on 7/19/17 5:01 am

I grew up in Minnesota on the Canadian border. I dont like bears either and hiking here on the appaliachian (spelling) trail, I see lots of bear scat and fur and I think about how I smell like the tin of tuna I am packing out.

My college's mascot was the a Beaver.

:)

Melody P.
on 7/18/17 10:26 am - Amarillo, TX

It may sound silly but I have a few Richard Simmons videos I love to do.

i try to get 5,500 steps in a day. Also I have a stationary recline bike I love to do.

I have a treadmill that was gifted to me by a cousin. I have to lose 30 pounds to use it, at that point my steps will be upped!

oh and dancing to my music is always happening! All of y'alls work outs inspire me!

Mel

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/18/17 11:18 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Richard Simmons is amazing! He's so upbeat and positive, you can't help but have fun!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

CC C.
on 7/18/17 11:38 am

I miss Richard's sunny personality! I wish he'd come back out in public again.

Most Active