Thread Take OVER: Sweat today, Smile tomorrow!

SkinnyScientist
on 7/18/17 6:06 am

I am always curious about other people's workouts and get inspired by them.

While the original owner is out for surgery, I am going to "borrow" her thread! I will give it back I promise!

So what are your workouts for the day?

I am going 30 minutes of abs class followed by 1 hour of body pump (a class where weight lifting is set to music...high reps). A new release is out for body pump today and we are learning it. I am really excited and hopefully the leg track in this release is not so hellicious!!

So what are you guys up to!?!?!?

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

CC C.
on 7/18/17 6:12 am

Good luck to Terri today!

For me it will be 2.5 miles of fast walking and kayaking.

Gwen M.
on 7/18/17 6:58 am
VSG on 03/13/14

So yesterday was my first day allowed of exercise post-op. This week my plan is to work back into things gently so that I don't overdo it. I did yoga yesterday and it went well. Today I had intended to wake up at 6am to walk outside before it got nasty, but then I slept SUPER well for the first time in forever, so I ignored my alarm. I think my alternative plan will be to go to the mall and walk around there while I'm out. (You know - just walk, no meandering for shopping.)

Is your class the Les Mills Body Pump? I love that one. And Body Combat too :D I wish they were offered locally to me!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

SkinnyScientist
on 7/18/17 8:18 am

Hi Gwen, I am just getting back into exercise too after hand surgery. Everyone says start slow and I have to as I have lost so much fitness. It is disheartening on one level cuz it went away so quickly and I find myself remembering when running non-stop for an hour was easy!!!

The classes are Les Mills and we DO have a body combat here. The time is sort of ackward (I would have to run sweaty and stinky for the passenger train and other passengers might not like me doing that). But now that you told me Bodycombat is awesome and I know bodypump is awesome, I shall check it out!

On the walking the mall, a trainer at the gym reminded me that the QUALITY of steps are more important than the step number (I really strive for 12K steps a day). She told me moosing around my kitchen while cooking or cleaning does not count. :( Boo! I am glad you have somewhere nice and cool to walk. I went running yesterday in 80 degree heat. When I was done, I squeezed my ponytail and sweat poured out of it. Notably, my ponytail is so short it doesn't touch my neck or shoulders. Next, at the bar that was hosting, I had to try NOT to drip on non-sweaty non-exercising customers. Worse, when I got done the bartender wiped the bar where I was standing because I had dripped on it. I apologized and he smiled and said he was wiping beer condensation but I knew I had dripped on it. I tipped him well as he was an extremely gracious man!!!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/18/17 9:31 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Times like that, a moisture-wicking headband is a lifesaver! I use these and they're amazing. They soak up all the sweat from your scalp and keep you from dripping all over!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

SkinnyScientist
on 7/18/17 11:57 am

OMG-these are larger sized and LESS EXPENSIVE than Hippie runner.

Totally going to do some retail therapy.

Thanks!

-Drippy Scientist

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/18/17 7:51 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I plan to ride my bicycle with my son later. We usually do about 5 to 10 miles around the neighborhood -- and I pick up groceries for dinner while we are out.

He may swim later, but our pool is far to cold for me. I can't deal with it.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

SkinnyScientist
on 7/18/17 8:19 am

I am glad you enjoy biking. Doesnt the seat hurt your butt???

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/18/17 8:35 am
RNY on 12/31/13

No, truthfully it doesn't. However, I am not cycling seriously -- only recreationally with my son. I just don't get into exercise for exercise's sake -- I wish that I did. For me, it has to have some sort of purpose -- other than just exercising. Really, 10 miles isn't very long to cycle. I usually run errands at the same time, and it gets my son active doing something together.

I do have a slightly nicer seat with larger springs. It's just a touring cycle.

My husband, who's leaner than me, especially in the rump, has a special seat that was quite pricey. Still, cycling longer than an hour or so, he is complaining.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/18/17 9:33 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Sounds like he could use some cycling shorts! A padded liner makes SUCH a big difference! You don't have to go about in spandex, either; look for "baggy" shorts like mountain bike riders use and they're almost like regular cargo shorts with padding inside.

http://www.nashbar.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10053_10052_593433_-1___

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active