PLEASE HELP......clear liquid diet

dmcs85
on 7/15/17 7:06 pm

You are absolutely right. I'm starting to wonder if I couldn't follow the simple 6 month pre op guidelines if the surgery is meant for me. I want this surgery more then anything but I can't seem to push myself away from the food. I'm my heart I feel as though the surgery is a tool and I don't want to waste the tool away by not being able to rid my addiction to food. I have been in counseling for 2 months and still struggle.

Gwen M.
on 7/15/17 7:39 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm willing to bet that you've been struggling with food demons for much longer than 2 months - so don't be so hard on yourself! It'll take more than 2 months to conquer them. You're on the right track.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

AggieMae
on 7/15/17 8:46 pm
VSG on 10/25/16
On July 16, 2017 at 2:06 AM Pacific Time, dmcs85 wrote:

You are absolutely right. I'm starting to wonder if I couldn't follow the simple 6 month pre op guidelines if the surgery is meant for me. I want this surgery more then anything but I can't seem to push myself away from the food. I'm my heart I feel as though the surgery is a tool and I don't want to waste the tool away by not being able to rid my addiction to food. I have been in counseling for 2 months and still struggle.

Counseling is going to take a while longer. Probably years. It's part of the process. Does your counselor have experience with eating disorders and food addiction? If not maybe he/she can help you find one that does.

Also, have you considered Overeaters Anonymous? It took me a while to find a meeting that wasn't to peachy but I finally did and I go at least twice a month.

Again, I am very impressed with your honesty here. Honesty is one of the first steps in a person's gaining insight. Growing can hurt, especially if you are young.

Please let us know what happens. And keep posting (and reading) here, having a community is important to success.

dmcs85
on 7/15/17 9:04 pm

This group has been a godsend for me. I have nothing to lose being honest. I figure if I'm real on here about my issues I will get real responses and true insight from folks tht have been there, done and doing. Which I need guidence. Ya'll are amazing, uplifting and helpful.

Most Active