Cooking for the family/ meal planning apps after WLS?

White Dove
on 7/13/17 1:29 pm - Warren, OH

I think the Windows version of Paprika was 19.99 and the iPhone app was $4.99.

Everything syncs to the iPhone for even more convenience. It was well worth the cost to me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

rudy7306
on 7/13/17 6:10 pm
RNY on 02/15/17

We make meals that I can have and then my wife and kids add to it for their meals. I make a taco salad (taco meat, kidney beans and romaine lettuce) and they have tacos.

we also make a spaghetti squash that I use for spaghetti and they eat spaghetti with actual noodles.

find meals that can work for all of you, it takes time, but it makes it easier to eat your meals. my kids hate it when I have "special meals" and like it when I eat similar to them.

SkinnyScientist
on 7/14/17 6:34 am

Have you considered an e-meal delivery service like SunBasket and Blue Apron? They deliver the ingredients to you which saves time and provide the recipes. You can specify special diets like "gluten free", "low carb" or paleo with some of these services.

I know two dink families (aka dual income no kids) which really like this service. One wife is nurse that works all kinds of crazy hours and shifts.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Valerie G.
on 7/14/17 1:09 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I would never opt for cooking two meals. After my DS, I still ate what my family ate. I just swapped out the starchy item (potatoes, rice, noodles) for another veggie. My son's wrestling coach was delighted with the idea (he also supported low simple carb)and my son and hubs considered these items a real treat when we ate dinner out.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

AD_Jordan
on 7/17/17 9:43 pm

I don't have an app, but I tend to cook enough for "planned leftovers". Some folks call it "Cook once, eat twice."

Today I put a "family pack" of chicken breasts in the Instant Pot. When it was done, I had enough chicken to make three meals: Chicken salad, BBQ chicken, and some plain chicken to be used on nachos or in tacos. Because the chicken was fresh instead of frozen, I can always freeze some if there are leftovers.

VSG on 11/15/16 . . . HW: +/- 265 . . . SW: 252 . . . CW: 187 (as of 5/22/17)

Most Active