Question?????

dmcs85
on 7/15/17 6:42 pm

Thank you for your feedback. Hopefully if he sees that I have made an effort and get close to 289 my surgeon will see I am making an effort and changes and trying. Hopefully he will let me come back in 2 weeks weigh in THEN turn everything in to insurance and get to still keep my Aug 28th surgery date.

Mirandia
on 7/15/17 10:39 pm
VSG on 03/14/17

My honest advice ... call the doctors office and be up front with them. Maybe postpone the surgery for another week would be the preferable course of action or maybe you'll be fine losing a lesser amount. The goal of the pre-op diet is to shrink your liver and make the surgery safer its not about the number on the scale.

If you fall down you just have to get back up.

Deanna798
on 7/16/17 5:05 am
RNY on 08/04/15

My surgeon wanted me to lose 15 pounds to have surgery. I went in and had only lost 7 or 8, and I asked the nurse at my appointment if he would keep me from surgery for the difference, she told me it wasn't likely. As long as I lost something, and didn't gain, I was fine.

Of course, all surgeons are different. In the end, I had a 1 week full liquid diet before surgery and I ended up losing almost 25lbs with my efforts and the liquid diet.

Don't panic, do your best and if they want you to loser more, then keep working at it.

If we were awesome at weight loss before surgery, most of us wouldn't have needed it in the first place!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

dmcs85
on 7/16/17 7:23 am

Love your last sentances!!! Amen!

Eggface
on 7/17/17 1:57 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Best wishes on the weight loss... and your upcoming surgery... try not to stress... they want to see effort and will understand I'm certain if you miss the mark, especially if you have documented your efforts over the days. They get (or at least they should if the paper their degree is on is worth anything) that obesity/weight loss is complex... after all we are the only creature on earth that intentionally tries to make itself smaller... and our body fights to stop us.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Kathy S.
on 7/17/17 2:25 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

This has more to do with seeing if you are motivated than anything else. When I had surgery they didn't make you lose before surgery and I was huge. Oh and my liver was a fat mobile

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active