Air fryer? Can you recommend a good one? Small?

Deanna798
on 7/2/17 5:37 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I've had This One for a year and a half and I have used it a lot. It works well and is pretty affordable.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/2/17 6:55 am

I was looking at that one - thanks. I was hoping it is good.

I have GoWise 8qtr pressure cooker and I love it. I have instant pot 6 qrt but their 8 qrt was too much IMO. Someone recommended GoWise - it is as good, if not better, for much less money.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Deanna798
on 7/2/17 6:59 am
RNY on 08/04/15

My bathroom scale is also GoWise, and i like that too. Some days better than others, lol.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/3/17 9:24 am

I like my scale as long as it shows under my personal goal. But I call her nasty names when she shows me a number that is higher than that. One time Keith heard me cursing.... He taught I got bad email from work...

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/17 9:31 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I absolutely love my electric pressure cooker. What an amazing invention.

Mary Gee
on 7/3/17 8:44 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I have the NuWave 36001 (3.5 qt.) and use it several times a week. It takes an awful lot of counter space. Even so, if I had to do it over again, I would get the XL, which is 5.3 qt.

I use steamer parchment papers to make clean-up easier. I've found loads of recipes on Facebook: Weigh****chers Air Fryer Recipes... many are easily adaptable to our eating style.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/3/17 9:33 am, edited 7/3/17 2:34 am

I had that. Used it 2-3 times? It is big, and takes a lot of counter space. And with the few items I want to "fry" - it is just not practical for me. I thought I would love it. Nope. I sold that - like new - for $25... Someone got a great deal. It was gone in 1 hour from posting on FB. Any it had the extender ring, the "full size thingy".

I want something more compact. We have a large convection toaster oven. Every love that thing. Use it often for stuff. But... Fries don't turn good from that.

Fyi - I gave no problem trying things in a grease. Just to much mess to clean. Plus some fat my gut does not like. So frying in peanut or other oil (,except coconut oil) is "a no go".

I can use bacon fat, or coconut oil, or ghee.. but I don't fry enough to waste so much oil for one time thing. I do have a small oil fryer. I may need to think about a way to clean and reuse good "fat-oil". Hmm....

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/17 9:34 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I feel like an idiot. I read your signature and while on the phone in the sun I thought that puzzle piece was an H. I was like "What the heck is hembrace hdifferences?"

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/7/17 9:43 am

I was told that image is in support of autism. Once I put it there I just left it there.

Laura in Texas
on 7/7/17 10:05 am

Did you decide on one yet? Let me know what you decide. I may get one, too.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active