Air fryer? Can you recommend a good one? Small?

odie
on 6/30/17 8:50 am
RNY on 05/26/14

I purchased the Big Boss air fryer off of Amazon and love it!! Wings are crispy as if they are deep fried! I have also done pork tenderloin and a small roast beef. Crispy on the outside and tender and moist inside!

To Thine Own Self Be True!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/30/17 9:04 am

do you have the model #? how long do you have it?

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

odie
on 6/30/17 11:30 am
RNY on 05/26/14

I think there is only the one kind of model. It just says Big Boss oil-less fryer. I've had it since before Christmas ans have not used the deep fryer once since! Also, chicken breasts are perfect in it. Takes less electricity than the oven too! Doesn't heat up the house at all. Easy to clean and store! Really, I use it at least once a week.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/30/17 11:58 am

are you talking about the halogen light style ? (glass bowl - heat from the top?)

If that one - then I had it and I did not like it.

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

odie
on 6/30/17 12:00 pm
RNY on 05/26/14

Ahh, that's too bad!! That is the one I got but like I said, we love it!

peachpie
on 6/30/17 2:42 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I have the NuWave 36001. I like it for my family- french fries do come out perfectly in it however I don't use it for myself personally because I really don't eat the types of food that it's works well with. (Frozen pre-cooked foods i.e.- spring rolls) I have tried chicken wings and chicken drumsticks in there. They come out OK. I think it's just the time that it takes, I rather just bake a piece of chicken. Crispy was never a draw for me- I don't eat skin anyway.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

NYMom222
on 7/1/17 4:45 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I have a convection oven and I wonder if it actually cooks any different than that. Love my convection...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/3/17 9:37 am

We have a large convection "toaster" oven. Love that thing. Great for smaller items.

Maybe that is all I need after all? Nope. Lol...

Cosmos2112
on 7/1/17 8:22 pm

Just went to the Big Butler Fair today. BF ate at the volunteer fire station lunch place. He had French fries and a fried fish sammie. I ate a Quest Bar. There was nothing I could eat or even appealed to me. Sure, there was meat, chicken, veggies but it all just looked like it was swimming in grease. I did see chicken on a stick but passed on it. BTW, the first time I didn't get French fries or fudge at a fair. Proud of myself!

RNY 12/22/2016. HW 228. SW 224. CW 122

Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Lake West Medical Center, Willoughby OH

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/3/17 9:42 am

Some grease is great. But the commercial type - nope, even 9 years post op - that can make me really .... uncomfortable. It is like having your insides lubricated and everything slides out... But with cramps and gas. I think my body hates the comercially used oils, that have been used over and over and over. Just smelling that thing can make be nauseated.

But... Some thing fried at home in bacon grease, or ghee or coconut oil - no problem.

Most Active