Bluepoint Medical - Dr Halmi - What happened? Did they close??

CPearl
on 6/24/17 9:07 pm - MD

I don't know what's going on with them but I'm beginning to think they've closed suddenly or something. I saw the surgeon almost two months ago. Got my letter of medical necessity from my primary. Scheduled an apt with both the nutritionist and psych that they recommended. The day before the appts (both on same day in same office) they called to say they couldn't take anyone that day because they were in the process of moving. They gave me another appt a month later. That adds another 2 months to an already arduous process, with no guarantee that they'll even be there! That might sound a little dramatic but the thing is, I've called nearly every day since (nearly 4 weeks now) and have not gotten a hold of anyone. The voice mail boxes are full. No one calls back. The answering service doesn't even answer. I was able to get my psych and nutritionist taken care of closer to home just a few days after they cancelled my appt and scheduled more appts with the nutritionist in the meantime because it sure can't hurt. BUT here I am with all my checks in my boxes and no surgeon. I even logged into the patient portal and all of my records are gone. The only thing left in there is 3 past appointment dates. I tried sending a message through the portal last week. Looked back in the portal a few days later - there are no messages sent or received. So I tried to schedule an appt through the portal (which worked before) and Dr. Halmi wasn't even a choice in the drop down list. I don't know what to do at this point. Do I need to start all over and find another surgeon??? Does anyone know what happened or if they are still in business?

CPearl
on 6/24/17 10:40 pm - MD
Au_Contraire
on 6/25/17 1:04 am

Wow, I am so sorry. I would call my insurance company and tell them everything, perhaps something can be salvaged. If you had testing administered by people other than Dr. Halmi himself, try contacting them for possible records. Very sorry for your experience!

oneatatime
on 6/26/17 3:09 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

That is really frustrating. I agree... definitely call your insurance company and find out what can be salvaged. And thank your lucky stars you have the opportunity to move on to someone new and amazing now, who can support you through this whole journey. *hugs*

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

caihoney
on 6/26/17 6:01 pm

Hi,

I just went to his new office in Woodbridge and he told me that he is no longer with Bluepoint anymore, and has started a new practice. They have a new phone number 703-595-4566 so calling that should solve the confusion. Hope this helps!

CPearl
on 7/1/17 10:04 pm - MD

Thank you SOOO much!! I really didn't want to seek out another surgeon.

Most Active